LOAD BOARDS

BUD MAN

Expert Expediter
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT LOAD BOARD ALL THE BIG COMPANIES USE? AND IS IT OPEN TO THE AVERAGE JOE WITH HIS OWN AUTHORITY OR NOT? THANX FOR ANY HELP.

csmbuck

Expert Expediter
Hi Bud Man, I've been trying for over a month to find the answer to your question. The only load board I have found is Expedite loads.com. And if that is the only load board available to us online, it's a joke. So, if you find other sources
please advise and I will do like wise. Thx Bud Man

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
[font color="orange" size="2" face="face"]Unfortunately there are no others![/font] Once in a while you may find a [font color="green" size="2" face="face"]LOAD[/font] run across the big truck boards, but for the money it isn’t worth it. The shippers are content with using the established companies, and would rather pay the [font color="purple" size="2" face="face"]extra money per mile,[/font] and know their load will get to it’s destination and on time. It is very hard convincing the shippers that you are a trustworthy person or company and can [font color="blue" size="2" face="face"]deliver[/font] their product. Most of the shippers can’t use a load board because if you know anything at all about what [font color="green" size="2" face="face"]expediting[/font] is all about then you would know that [font color="red" size="2" face="face"]TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE[/font] and the [font color="brown" size="2" face="face"]load board 90% of the time is useless[/font]. Most expedited freight needs picked up with in an hour or less. If you are a one man team with your own authority the best advice I can give you is to put on the [font color="blue" size="2" face="face"]salesman’s[/font] hat and go out and find shippers that use dedicated route drivers. You may want to contact some of the companies in and around the airports and big city industrial parks. [font color="aqua" size="3" face="face"]GOOD LUCK!!![/font]

BUD MAN

Expert Expediter
THANX GUYS FOR YOUR INPUT AND YES I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF I FIND ANYTHING OUT. I WAS TOLD ALL THE LOADS ARE POSTED ON ONE LOAD BOARD AND IT GOES TO THE LOWEST BIDDER. I JUST HAVENT HAD ANY LUCK FINDING IT.

bigguy1001

Expert Expediter
I think you may be refering to the National Logistics Management (NLM) load board. They handle most of the expedite freight for the big 3, and others. And, as I understand it, it is not available to the general public. You might check with them about access. I believe they are based in Romulus or Livonia, MI.