Load bars swapped or cut down?

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
I have a friend on his way to Akron, OH today. He just picked up his new DR unit and went to put his e-track load bars in from his old D unit in the truck and found out he has bars now wider than his interior. :) He knows they can be cut down to size, but doesn't have the tools with him to do it. Does anyone know of a place that will cut them down or swap the bars for short ones? I think he's got 11 bars that need shortened. Thanks!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Its an easy job depending on the style of bar..some are easier then others..but any "fab" shop or a good welding shop should be able to take care of it...

Booker

Expert Expediter
You might try Lodi Metals, Inc. in Bellville, OH. I know they will make any width bar you need and may cut yours to size. Phone 419-886-2574.

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks Chef and Booker. I know it's easy, my husband repairs them all the time, it's the "oh, crap, I need this fixed now and I'm not at home" that's the problem. For him. ;)

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
Could your friend just put them in at an angle until he has time to get them the size he needs them?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Lodi Metals +1. They made my custom ratchet straps. They are far superior to what you find off the shelf, both in quality and design.

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
PJ's cut them down for him. They also made placard holders that slip in tow hooks. $60 per hour plus material. US Cargo has the pins under $2 each. He said everything turned out nice. thanks everyone :)