Load 1!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I dont understand how some people can get tired of people happy about the company they work for. I see more posts about politices and peoples children and they get a lot of posts. If people dont like it, read another thread. Thats when I do when I see the political stuff. No harm, no foul.

Let people enjoy their jobs and be proud of them.

Robert

misery loves company....so we don't get invited to the party....LOL

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Chef, you got a bad loan and you send people to stalk anne! lol J/K

LOL, every single time!!! Well, not to "stalk" her, but knowing Anne, she might be ok with that too...well maybe!! :D

LOL, and you should have "cut and pasted it..cause its gone now!!! LOL...:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL, every single time!!! Well, not to "stalk" her, but knowing Anne, she might be ok with that too...well maybe!! :D

LOL, and you should have "cut and pasted it..cause its gone now!!! LOL...:)

use my magic wand and I can put it back....LOL...:p

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't know I haven't seen anything the last 4-6 weeks that paints a tainted picture....everyone is sitting, making so so money.....some are doing well...some not so well....I think it has been toned down considerably since the beginning....Maniac just got overly excited as usual...LOL
I agree it's toned down a lot. But back when it was at its height, I had to question whether or not I wanted to come to Load 1. It was a little over the top. It also meant associating myself not merely with cheerleaders, but with Dennis. LOL

Incidentally, the phrase "it is what it is" implicitly implies that we're powerless to change it. I think it's been changed, and for the better.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree it's toned down a lot. But back when it was at its height, I had to question whether or not I wanted to come to Load 1. It was a little over the top. It also meant associating myself not merely with cheerleaders, but with Dennis. LOL

Incidentally, the phrase "it is what it is" implicitly implies that we're powerless to change it. I think it's been changed, and for the better.

I agree...back when it was a little over the top..also tho there was so many of us experienced ones come on at the same time and many were members here including myself....we could chalk it up to being just kiddy....

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Thank you. We get some negative. I hope our guys work with us to get negatives corrected vs venting here. Keeping an open channel of communication helps to give everyone the chance to turn negatives around. We are far from perfect and we have our warts, but like other good companies we know this and work to improve.

From my experience, it's almost or is impossible to run a trucking company of any kind w/out having drivers complain about something. If management were to listen to every complaint out there it would drive them nuts. Taheee/Taheee/Tahee. :cool:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
There aren't any expedite companies out there 10 times larger. Five times larger would be a stretch.

Regarding carrier size and industry perspective, it is estimated that there are about 15,000 expediter trucks of all kinds on the road. Load-1 is one of the top five carriers with 300 trucks (as reported in this thread). Since Diane and I have been in the business, Panther and FedEx Custom Critical have been the two largest expedite carriers with truck counts ranging from 1,000 to 1,500 each (ball park) over the years. I believe Panther is number one today by truck count. Bolt and Express-1 round out the top five with truck counts that fall between Load-1 and the two bigs.

Also of importance -- great importance -- when sizing up carriers in the expedite industry is the Sylectus network. See: "Sylectus: An Unseen Force in the Expediting Industry."

Expediting is a business in which it is common for carriers to haul each other's freight and serve each other's customers. It common for customers to use multiple carriers. It is common for drivers and owner-operators to sign on with multiple carriers; usually one after another but sometimes running with multiple carriers at the same time.

Regarding driver satisfaction with a carrier, it's more about the relationship than it is about the details of the business. Different things are important to different people and carriers vary in their ability to address varying priorities.

As has been stated in the Open Forum many times by many expediters. There is no best carrier. There is only the carrier (or carriers) that is best for you.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
ok , i have 2 sticks in my hands .. The left hand stick is for Poking and the right hand stick is for Stirring the pot ...... hmmm

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
You know, the jealousy of the haters is kinda flattering!lol

I don't think that anyone that posted in this thread is jealous or a hater. I think Load 1 is a great company and that John Elliott is an awesome CEO for interacting on EO the way he does.
But, I don't think it is necessary to start a new thread everyday or two proclaiming how wonderful it is to be there. That's already been done to death.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I don't think that anyone that posted in this thread is jealous or a hater. I think Load 1 is a great company and that John Elliott is an awesome CEO for interacting on EO the way he does.
But, I don't think it is necessary to start a new thread everyday or two proclaiming how wonderful it is to be there. That's already been done to death.

Well Maniac is new so we have to give him the hall pass for 30 days, lol. ;)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I must be missing some threads cause I sure don't see a new one every day or two saying how great l! is. If there is and it bugs you why read them? I would much rather read an upbeat post than another complaint post regardless of the carrier.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I must be missing some threads cause I sure don't see a new one every day or two saying how great l! is. If there is and it bugs you why read them? I would much rather read an upbeat post than another complaint post regardless of the carrier.

I would skip reading them if they were in the Load 1 carrier forum or if the thread title was more
specific about it's contents. When I saw a thread entitled "Load 1" I opened it expecting to find some new or interesting information about the company.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I would skip reading them if they were in the Load 1 carrier forum or if the thread title was more
specific about it's contents. When I saw a thread entitled "Load 1" I opened it expecting to find some new or interesting information about the company.

You did find new information..that was new from a guy that has been in this business longer then most and has contracted to more then a few carriers in that time, one who is respected in the industry and this community...you got his NEW point of view in the company he is now leased to...Just seems old because, most that sign with Load 1 over a short period come to the same conclusions...should have done it sooner...:D

The biggest issue from talking to alot of people is that if you haven't been with Load 1, you cant hold to the idea of just how different it is run and how it works to the O/O's benefit beyond the good pay....