Little Green Pill

barney

Expert Expediter
Remember the pill that is supose to give 25% more fuel economy? Check this out. WESH.com/I-Team

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
It came out German unless I did something wrong twice. So what does it say?

My (I cannot believe this) brother inlaw called me to tell me has investing in this and wanted me to yeah right be one of his salespeople and trail stories.

I told him no thanks, kinda offended him but its my $ and if its to good to be true whats the motto??? Its to good.....

JohnO

Veteran Expediter
SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- The WESH 2 I-Team first exposed a little green pill as a toxic fraud that won't save you any money at the pump.
Now, the pill is going on trial. A San Antonio judge is hearing evidence that could shut down the makers of the little green pill for good.
The Texas attorney general issued a temporary restraining order against BioPerformance after the WESH 2 I-Team's reports aired three weeks ago.
BioPerformance's President Lowell Mims and his business partner, Gus Romero, were not required to appear in court for the hearing, but they both showed up on Tuesday morning.
As Mims stepped off an elevator at the courthouse in San Antonio, WESH 2 I-Team reporter Michelle Meredith was waiting."Why is the state of Texas shutting you down?" she asked.
"Well, we have no comments. We're going to vigorously defend our company. So, we're looking forward to a great day," Mims said.
"How much money did you get from BioPerformance?" Meredith asked as Mims walked away from her.
Not a lot has changed since Mims was in Orlando. He is still not interested in talking to Meredith -- ditto for Romero.
The state of Texas went into court armed with boxes of evidence and a long list of experts. Just like the experts in our WESH 2 investigation, the experts said the little green pill does not work, will not increase your mileage by 25 percent and that the little green pill is made mostly of naphthalene -- the stuff moth balls used to be made of.
"(They) like to sell this like a magic gas pill or powder. It's obscene," said Texas Attorney General John Owens.
Attorneys for BioPerformance argued that the state's tests and case are flawed.
"This product is just as legitimate as the STP products and all the other products that are designed to enhance fuel efficiency and economy," said BioPerformance attorney Stacy Dunlap.
While BioPerformance fans passed out their supports for Mims, Mims passed out the compliments.
"You look nice in that white suit," he leaned over and said to Meredith.
"Why, thank you, Lowell," she said.
Even though Mims would not answer her questions about how much he has made from BioPerformance, the state of Texas said he has deposited hundreds of thousands of dollars into his personal checking account.
The hearing lasted longer than it was expected to, so it will continue on Wednesday at 8:30 a.m.
A temporary restraining order for sales of the little green pill is in place and it will only last for 15 days. So, the state is seeking a temporary injunction to hold the freeze until they can go to trial in several months.

Hope that helps.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Broom, it says the 2 owners of the company that sells the little green pill are in court to defend their claims that the pills, made of napthalene, (mothballs' main ingredient), increase fuel mileage by 25%.
The state of Texas, (or Bexar County, not sure which), says the pills are toxic poison, & a fraud.
The judge granted a temporary (15 days) restraining order against the sale of the pills. The prosecutor will ask for an injunction to continue the restraint, until the dispute is settled at trial, if not out of court before a trial.
The owner of the company has already deposited "hundreds of thousands of dollars" into his personal checking account from the sales, which is a big red flag, I think.
Sounds like you made the right decision, keeping your money in your own account. :)

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well I got a monster.com ad first, which now I get calls for jobs after three years having my resume posted there - so much for their ad.

ok I guess I was right, the little green pill is as helpful as my super secret formula of yellow liquid that is used to clean your fuel system while delivering 80% better fuel economy. Just don't spill it on your paint and handle it with Kevlar gloves and use a clean air resperator when dispensing into your fuel tank.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Thanks you all, this is what I needed to show someone how crazy this is. I could say to prove my point but that only make one look stupid, so I have to be polite.