Life after Custom Critical

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Steve, Glad things are going well after leaving the "purple haze". Your secret to life as a successful expediter should be the blueprint for upstart owner operators in expediting or any other business venture. Each day operate in the black.

Sounds like you're having fun again.

Stay safe

KG

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
i left fedexcc after 11 years and been here at egl/ceva
for 7 years and is hole lot better being home 90 percent of time
and making more money and home more
in last 2 weeks have cover 3,000 miles and out of town
3 nights

Is that driving tractor trailer?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Everyone must realize trucking of today is not the same as it was 10 years ago.
Expedite use to be a specialized part of trucking,with just a hand full of trucking companies doing it.
In today's world, expedite is being done by every trucking company in America.Do they have actual customers,or do thy just bid on one of the many bid boards?Thanks to the internet,price quotes are changing everyday,both in regular freight, as well as in expediting,even in the realm of the over dimensional loads.
I'm now with a different carrier,is it scary,in away,but I have experience,and this helps my case a lot.Will I take every load I'm offered?No.Will it be the short runs I turn down,also no.It could be one of many long loads,but when I do turn a load down,it will only be because it won't turn a profit.Do I mean big profit?No, not at all,it would just be a loss.
A load can break even,it just can not show a loss.Once you start operating in the red,it's very hard to get yourself back above water.Ok, that's my secret.

Glad your doing good at Tri-state. When I get my MC number maybe you will come and run some freight for us.