Let`s work together

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
There are less than six months until the election, an election that will decide the next President of
the United States . The person elected will be the president of all Americans, not just the Democrats
or the Republicans. To show our solidarity as Americans, let's all get together and show each
other our support for the candidate of our choice.

It's time that we all came together, Democrats and Republicans alike.

If you support the policies and character of John McCain, please drive with your headlights on during
the day.

If you support Obama, please drive with your headlights off at night.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
There's something in the water in Chicago!

If you want to live forever, register to vote in Chicago!

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
We are already doing it and its not just Obama,also the roadblock republicans in the senate and house look out you neo-cons,you've had 8 yrs and only war and huge debt and tax breaks for the very rich to show for it,oh yes the recent flood victims have begun recieving fed help and the North Koreans are A-OK with you guys.:( and you still wonder why Obama ?

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Hey Dragon,nice to hear from you. It's a full court press for me most of the time with no back up. I keep thinking help is on the way and it's a good day when there is.
Thanks.

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
Or the Supreme court justices who showed up to steal victory from the hands of defeat.
I will guarrentee they won't steal it this time. Read my lips. Won't happen.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Or the Supreme court justices who showed up to steal victory from the hands of defeat.

You mean the same 5-4 liberal majority that say non-citizen terrorists deserve the same rights as U.S. citizens when they have NO Constitutional rights nor do they deserve any? Those traitors?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I will guarrentee they won't steal it this time. Read my lips. Won't happen.

How will that happen?

Oh I know, you're going to vote for McCain.

Really why do you even bother with the democratic party, the followers of the messiah and the party are so blind that they don't get two simple things;

The democrat party decided to dump Hillary to garnish more feelings that the people are being screwed by the elite of the nation, hence they drag up Obama, groom him and than put him out front by fixing the primaries. They are doing a good job convincing all of you that Obama, the messiah is not an elitist but in fact he has everything that indicates he surely is.

The party fixed the primaries by convincing the people who vote in the primary that they are actaully making history by voting for the FIRST minority to run for the top office, which is not true but anywho while they are convincing these gullible people, they dilute the entire process with the use of the super delegate and cutting two states practically out of the picture.

If anyone is stealing anything this time it is the democrat party who has made it impossible to have a primary without cheating and screwing the people.

You are talking about Gore v. Bush where the supreme court said that Gore lost and that the citizens don't have the right to vote in the presidential election - this is what you are talking about?

Well this is the SAME supreme court that ruled on Kelo v. New London where they decided that eminent domain which now goes beyond a reasonable stealing of one's property to includes stealing one's property for another person - isn't this following the edict of the liberal mindset, take from one to give to another?

No ONE STOLE the election, if Gore was not so much a cry baby about it and didn't pursue the thing in court, Kerry would have gotten into office in 2004.

ALSO JUST AN FYI

it seems to me that the democratic party itself was not so sure about Gore, many didn't have the confidence in him - one of these people was Bill Clinton who for the most part didn't bother to support him in the election, the first time in a long time that a sitting president did not help his VP out. Maybe people saw this and spoke to their representatives.

I would rather relive the past eight years with the debt, war and all the other stuff you all look at and don't get than to have no possibility of being able to make money because the taxes will bury me. Remember all you people who love the messiah that the second that he gets in office, our taxes will go up - not the taxes of the rich, not the taxes of the semi-rich but the people near the bottom. If you are so inclined to screw your fellow citizen, then I suggest you figure out what you would have paid if Bush didn't simplify and lower taxes and send the US government a check but if you are not willing to do that, don't bring up a tax cut from Bush.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
There's something in the water in Chicago!

If you want to live forever, register to vote in Chicago!

HEY!!!

i grew up in chicago. voting twice is on the bill of rights above the right to cable tv and the right to sing the blues(which is done so well in chgo clubs). i still vote twice in wisc.

the air has improved also.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
... and tax breaks for the very rich to show for it,

There it is again. Another lefty proclaiming me to be very rich. As a small business person, 5'10" 185 lbs. I have benefited from Bush tax cuts. And I feel no guilt or remorse. I don't consider myself very wealthy, or even wealthy. I guess wealth is subjective.

So I am asking tallcal and bludragon to define "very rich" and "rich". Quantify it for me. Annual gross income might be a good starting point. I would love to know where all my money goes.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Actually Moot, I think their way of thinking is like new math... can't really understand it but the outcome is what ever they want it to be and with the new education system, we can't tell them that their answer is wrong because it may make them feel bad about themselves. (maybe people become liberals because they have zero self-confidence?)

So 2+2=5 is right in their minds and so is the tax system when the top bracket is over 40%.

I never met a poor person with employees, have you?

Here is a little reminder of history;
1971-1981 15 brackets 14% to 70%
1982-1986 12 brackets 12% to 50%
1987 5 brackets 11% to 38.5%
1988-1990 3 brackets 15% to 33%
1991-1992 3 brackets 15% to 31%
1993-2000 5 brackets 15% to 39.6%
2001 5 brackets 15% to 39.1%
2002 6 brackets 10% to 38.6%
2003-2007 6 brackets 10% to 35%

I also have to add this, the system is not just cut and dry, we the middle class have lost a lot of things we could write off and a more complex tax system has been handed to us by the congress.

Regardless what others feel, the country is made up of small businesses and most of them make around $300k on average if they have employees. So let's say the Messiah and his followers decided to bump up the top bracket from 35% to 40% to pay for socialized medicine effective retroactive to the first of the year.

Great says people in the SF area, we are going to screw the rich... well no it don't work that way.

The guy who runs the small stamping plant in Indiana just got news that he will be paying $53,000 more in taxes for his business because he is considered rich and he can't adsorb more than 20% of this increase so he has to decide to either close shop or lay people off. He make the decision based on his business, not based on his feelings (oh yea that is the evil in him coming out) so he tells his manager that two people will be cut immediately from the production line, two people who are struggling with their $32,000 a year job, who may be single mothers or is just above that do or die mark many of us live with day by day. So the owner cuts them, and takes the little extra money that he will have and gives it to the remaining people to compensate them for the extra work they will be doing through the overtime to meet production deadlines.

NOW IF you don't believe me that this is what actually happens when we soak the rich, I can tell you that you never had a business in difficult times with employees because this happens a lot more than you could ever imagine. AND the alternative is close up shop, let the customers find an off shore solution like China or India.

Either way you look at it, the money that one business has is limited, they have to make a choice to either run it with a profit or close the doors, the government sees to this through the tax codes.

AND when you look at the economy, we are global in one sense - the companies here, even the small business owned companies compete with companies in India and China more often than not. I have many examples I could post but I know that many of the new math people couldn't comprehend them. Any new taxes to pay for things will increase the need to have off shore companies do the work, the cost of an increase in a very soft economy can not be passed off to the customer and hence a lot of people will lose their jobs.

The FACT is that Bush and his administration did every US citizen a favor by going to sticking with 5 brackets and lowering the bottom and top rates, there were no favors for the RICH because like the new math, there is a sense of falseness with the idea that the rich actually pay income taxes like we do - they don't and 2+2=4.

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
RICH is nancy pelousy, harry reik who continue to hold this nations n*ts(jj), by NOT DRILLING, to purposly DAMAGED this country's economy before the election!! THINK for a second- had they sent a signal to the markets 2 years ago- that oil will be drilled everywhere--BUSH-WWWWW and all of us would be paying half for fuel and all the the lowest unemployment job reports would have continued!! But the liberal left stopped the economy in 18months!!!With deer in the headlights- nancy pelousy turns all on the reaction! AFTER PASSING NO DRILL period.--IT'S OIL SPECULATORS! MIDDLE EAST!-NEVER their BLAME! NEVER ASKED--WHY ARE YOU DESTORYING THIS ECONOMY THRU OIL?? WHICH DRIVES ALL!! EXAMPLE! REAGAN said the above"I'm drilling everywhere" and oil plummeted! SPECULATORS HEARD SUPPLY!!

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
You are rich if you have more money than 51% of the country. That's where the class warfare begins... the 51% have-nots vs the 49% haves. That way, the Dems can claim to be fighting for the have-nots, and claim a simple majority with whom they're talking about.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I'll be honest. I don't think McCain is the right man to be the next President, but I don't think Obama is either. I'm still going to vote. I'll vote for who I think is best out of the choices. 2004 was the first time I voted for President and I voted for Nadar. I knew he didn't have a chance, but I liked him better than the other two. Plus I would like to see a strong thrid party as long as it isn't the Communist party.