Leasing a truck

EagleXpress

Expert Expediter
My co-driver and I are seriously looking for a lease/purchase. We have many years exp. with Panther and trucking in general,more than 11 years. There is a company in Indy-Expedite Solutions,that seems to be a good fit/option. Also Integrity that Dave Mayfield posted here. We will be calling the contact for Expedite Solutions today and I would like to hear from anyone who knows these companies.........need a " boots on the ground from my comrades opinion ". And yes, we do know what we are getting into !

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
My co-driver and I are seriously looking for a lease/purchase. We have many years exp. with Panther and trucking in general,more than 11 years. There is a company in Indy-Expedite Solutions,that seems to be a good fit/option. Also Integrity that Dave Mayfield posted here. We will be calling the contact for Expedite Solutions today and I would like to hear from anyone who knows these companies.........need a " boots on the ground from my comrades opinion ". And yes, we do know what we are getting into !

I am not the sharpest stick in the financial world.. So maybe I dont know what I am talking about ,,But everything I learned and everyone I talked to before I jumped in was to stay away from company financed trucks,,Find your own investor whether it be a bank or a group that invest in strictly in heavy equipment,,trucks ,,yellow iron,etc etc...Most of these groups dont want the equipment back (such as mine) so that makes walking away not an option,,that in itself drives you to make your business work..During hard times they will work with you as they don't want the equip they want the cash...I almost had to do this this past summer but ending up working tru it and coming up with my payments,,but I was in contact with them ahead of time and they where willing to work with me if needed.
I have heard so many horror stories about ppl financing thru the carriers and at that point they have you,,working you just enough to get the payment...
To me finding your own money is the route to go

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
:eek: OMG Expedite Solutions! Don't walk, run as fast as you can! DO NOT LEASE ANYTHING FROM EXPEDITE SOLUTIONS! Go to ripoffreport.com and type in Expedite Solutions and you can read all about them. Besides I understood all of his trucks were repossed and he has filed bankruptcy??? Don't know if it is true or not but have noticed a lot of his trucks for sell at different dealerships as we too have been keeping an eye on trucks available for sell. His are the gold trucks with the clover on them.
Now if your wanting to buy from an honest company go with Expediter Services. I know they have a truck sales area. Not sure on lease but doesn't hurt to check them out.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
All I can say is Integrity Motor Freight wants to help the little guy. I just manage his trucks that he owns. Now he wants to do the lease to own with some of his trucks. I have been in the business for almost 15 years. Send me a message from here if you want to know how the lease to own program works. Bill the owner of Integrity Motor Freight wants the driver to own the truck not return it. Where are you going to find a company that is going to offer you the services of a PNL each month. Bill wants the driver to be able to make there truck payments and still make a living too. The terms can be made from 104 weeks to as long as 260 weekly payments. Plus you have the backing of a company like Integrity Motor Freight. Bill told me he would like to get 100 trucks on this program by the end of next year. As a driver and a owner I wish this program was around when I started back in 1995. I would have signed up and bought 10 trucks this way.

EagleXpress

Expert Expediter
Hi,tried to send a message to you Bruno,not sure if it reached you ! I would like info on Integrity. Thanks....

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I lease my truck through Penske, all maintenance and wear and tear items are covered in the lease. I pay for fuel, that is it!!
Not sure if they lease expeditor/sleeper type trucks, but worth checking out. I know they lease cube vans and sprinters also
I like that they have service departments in nearly every major city, 24 roadside assistance and I even get a loaner truck when mine is in for service. We don't use a qualcomm system so I can drive a loaner

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Hi,tried to send a message to you Bruno,not sure if it reached you ! I would like info on Integrity. Thanks....

Yes, I got your message. Sundays are for the family as we do need some time together. I try not to work on Sunday if I don't have too. Remember when stores where closed on Sundays? Well, I'm kinda like that.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I lease my truck through Penske, all maintenance and wear and tear items are covered in the lease. I pay for fuel, that is it!!

And the best part has to be that Penske is not affiliated with your carrier, has no say what loads you haul or don't haul and has absolutely no hand in your success or failure.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
And the best part has to be that Penske is not affiliated with your carrier, has no say what loads you haul or don't haul and has absolutely no hand in your success or failure.

Exactly, you never want to lease a vehicle from your carrier otherwise they have you by the :ox:eek:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

The driver would have the same thing at Integrity Motor Freight too. No mother hen to yell at you to say hey why didn't you do that load. The driver will be making a truck payment each week and the rest is all on him. The payment comes out 1st and the rest is theirs to pay QC, plates, insurance, work accident, Co driver and so on.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
where are these trucks required to be signed on at ? what are the model years available ? what is the avg. price range ? what is the interest rate being charged ? lastly, where are these units being aquired from ?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
where are these trucks required to be signed on at ? what are the model years available ? what is the avg. price range ? what is the interest rate being charged ? lastly, where are these units being aquired from ?

The 1st 10 trucks are leased on with Panther and they are 2000 to 2006 trucks right now. The price all depends on the truck. The price of the trucks can range from $25,000 to $115,000.00 for the 2006 KW 900 with a refer trailer. Some are trucks from different owners that got out of the business. About 5 different owners. 4 of the trucks are refer units. When everything is set up on how the program will work I will posted for you. I do know the payments can be a low as $200.00 per week depending on the truck.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Dave,
not to yank your chain on this but $25,000 for a 2000 seems high, or am I missing something?

SoozieQ

Not a Member
Who's Integrity Motor Freight ?

Does this company have an office with staff that can
be visited during normal business hours?

Are these trucks sitting in a lot which would allow
shoppers to view them?

Do these trucks also have paperwork backing their
previous maintenence procedures?

Have these trucks undergone any kind of pre-sale
testing by a reputable repair facility?

And why hasn't the company taken out a legit ad
here on EO rather than utilizing a driver to promote
their business for free?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines

Your not on with Panther and you already own a truck so you wouldn't be able to sign up for this program. Sorry. This program is for people driving for Panther or who want to as of right now.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Who's Integrity Motor Freight?
Why hasn't the company taken out a legit ad
here on EO rather than utilizing a driver to promote
their business for free?[/B]

I'm not just a driver, I'm a Panther Fleet owner too. As the operations Manager for Integrity Motor Freight, I was giving people the heads up on the lease to own program for Panther drivers. Integrity Motor Freight will roll out this program in the next few weeks. If you want to know more about the program send me a message.

Last edited:

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Dave,
not to yank your chain on this but $25,000 for a 2000 seems high, or am I missing something?

Yea Greg, That is the total a driver would pay for the truck over a 18 to 24 months. The payment would be $240.39 for 104 weeks based on $25,000.00. Every Truck goes to the repair shop and a laptop is hooked up to it to check for any codes. The truck gets painted if needed, it gets new tires brakes and so on. The CEO does not want to put junk on the road.