landstar

guido4475

Not a Member
I was told by a landstar bco freind of mine that landstar discourages posting on this site from it's bco's.seriously.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Yes, there are members here that are BCO's.
We were with Landstar for 8 months before returning to FedEx. We were never discouraged from posting anything anywhere by either Landstar or FedEx.

I was told by a landstar bco freind of mine that landstar discourages posting on this site from it's bco's.seriously.

ATeam

Retired Expediter

If that was true, I would have heard about it long ago. I am a Landstar Express America BCO and have posted and blogged extensively about Landstar for the last two years.

Indeed, the opposite is true. People at Landstar headquarters have requested my permission to republish some of my posts on sites of their choosing. There have been times when, before posting something about Landstar, I checked with corporate to make sure I would not be posting something proprietary or confidential about Landstar. In every case I was told it was OK to proceed.

Landstar is fully aware that I am active in this forum and other online sites. No one at Landstar headquarters has ever said or done anything to prohibit or discourage this activity, or to have my posts edited or removed. The same was true of our former carrier when Diane and I ran with them.

Last edited:

Monty

Expert Expediter
I truly believe many of the LEA expediters don't post because then many want to argue facts.

Facts are just facts. The "fact" some can not believe it is their problem.

I have often said I loved Landstar, and should I still be expediting, I would still be there.

Hyperdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cheryl and I are Landstar Express America BCO's. We have been with them for only a short time.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Never been told anything about posting anything anywhere by LS.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using EO Forums mobile app

guido4475

Not a Member
Just saying what he relayed to me..yes, landstar is a good company, no regrets being there when I was there..

ATeam

Retired Expediter
No. YOU go and tell him. Lol.

I'd be happy to if I knew who he is, but you did not identify him or provide contact information so the duty -- to the extent it is a duty -- is yours. Otherwise you can leave him alone and let him continue to believe and tell others something that is not true.

Friends don't let friends go misinformed.

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
I actually believe he is telling the truth. What reason would he have to lie about this? What benefit would it be to him to do so? Not any, really. We were talking about landstar and I was interested just hearing what he had learned there to see how much it may of changed since I was there 13 years ago. Some things have, and some things have not. Still a good company, and I am still in contact with some office staff from back in the days when it was in Charlotte.it was fun there back then. A real awesome group of people. Good money.Anyway, even though you haven't said it, please remember that just because your name is what it is doesn't mean you automatically become the spokesperson for that company nor do you know everything about it as well. Just something to think about.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I actually believe he is telling the truth.

You can believe anything you wish. The facts are reported in my post #4 above.

Anyway, even though you haven't said it, please remember that just because your name is what it is doesn't mean you automatically become the spokesperson for that company nor do you know everything about it as well.

You are absolutely correct. I have never said, suggested or implied any such thing. But when I do know something about the company and post it here, readers can rely on it to be accurate.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Guido 4 drivers did say they were never told not to post. It isn't like at was only ateam.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Hyperdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I find it extremely unlikely that a company would tell their contractors not to post on a forum that the president of the company has posted on.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I actually believe he is telling the truth. What reason would he have to lie about this? What benefit would it be to him to do so? Not any, really.

He probably wasn't lying but is either mistaken or repeating something he heard from someone else.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app