landstar

late for dinner

Expert Expediter
Ateam the reason most drivers are not that open with the way the web site works is that you need a password to get in. If I would let you use my password you could get all my personal info and I for one dont want to release that kind of information. LEAM has two different sites and both have personal info. It would be much better if they put ALL personal info on one, and then the drivers could share the other one with friends. I'm just a stupid BCO and LEAM is a multibillion dollar company so I know that my way could not work.. Or maybe, it just wasn't their idea, what do do you think?

late for dinner

Expert Expediter
Marty, for what its worth, I have never once heard anyone, driver or agent, say a bad word about you. You know better than me that LEAM is a good old boys network. I believe we was even told that in orentation. I once had a driver who did pretty good at FEDEX but when I brought him over here everything changed. I dont know what he is doing now, probably growing pot in New York, but I wish him well.

Marty

Veteran Expediter
Hi Late for Dinner,
Yes we were told about favoritism at oreintation. I want to be clear that I am not trying to be disparaging towards Landstar or anyone who works for them. I believe Landstar is the best company out there. I have never had any problem with any agent,driver, or any company employee. I am just trying to give a realistic view of the way things go at Landstar as objectively as I can from my subjective viewpoint. I hope other LEAM drivers will do the same so that prospective lessees will have a broad range of views and as much information as possible to base their decisions on as to whether or not LEAM is right for them.
A wrong decision can hurt a new lessee. A higher than necessary turnover rate can hurt LEAM financially as well as its reputation.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
One of their best advantages is that they let you obtain your own frieght. If their agents don't keep you loaded consistently, I would seek out some of my own business. If one is sitting, you would think there is plenty of time? I will admit, it would be much tougher to work with a van. If you find additional business that you can't accomadate, then shuffle that to a agent you can work with. If you are buttering their bread, they likely will butter yours.
I think this puts in a better position than someone that is totally reliant on the carrier to provide loads.
Why have extended slow periods if you don't need to?
"Businessman first, driver second"

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

creekindian33

Expert Expediter
ive been siting for 5 dayes in virgina i dont think anybody is doing any better from what i hear landstar is on the same system every body else is as werte u dont talk to brokers anymor u r dispatch:eek:

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
>The best of both worlds is in my opinion somewhere in the
>middle. That is why I think Panther is one of the best fits.
>You have their availability of freight and can use your own.
>So, kinda of a cross between Fedex and Landstar without the
>bs.
>But I will say Landstar and Fedex has some good agents and
>do provide some good return loads when we get in a pinch.
>Namely the west coast.
>
>
>
>
>Davekc
>owner
>21 years
>PantherII
>EO moderator

KW Express
o/o till i die

Dave,
Does panther let you book landstar loads for your trucks?
I know when I tried that they told me that landstar was a competitor
and I couldnt run the freight.

now I know alot of the landstar agents also have other broker authority to is that how you do it?