kwik trip truckstops

underdog777

Seasoned Expediter
First time at one in Wisconsin. They are very trucker friendly and showers are 5 bucks we need these all over the place. And the people there seem to like there job more than when you are at a ta or pilot. Most the people at the big truck stops just really don't won't to help you.

Monty

Expert Expediter
I have been watching diesel prices all over .. I think I am going back to fueling at Speedway/Marathon and other "gas station" outlets. Wal-mart and Murphy Oil is good also!

Prices are consistenly .20-.30 cents a gallon less.

I can pay for the showers myself!

I realize this isn't real helpful the the big truck dudes, but it fit's well with the Sprinter.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
First time at one in Wisconsin.
Unfortunately you will only find Kwik Trips in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Corporate headquarters are in La Crosse, WI. Most don't have showers and many don't have diesel. A few of the larger full service stores that come to mind are Menomonie, WI. Tomah, WI. Wilson, WI. Stewartville, MN. and of course Mauston, WI I-90 exit 69 with the tractor-trailer on a stick.
KwikTripMauston.jpg

Last edited:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Unfortunately you will only find Kwik Trips in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Corporate headquarters are in La Crosse, WI. Most don't have showers and many don't have diesel. A few of the larger full service stores that come to mind are Menomonie, WI. Tomah, WI. Wilson, WI. Stewartville, MN. and of course Mauston, WI I-90 exit 69 with the tractor-trailer on a stick.

There are also QTs in Missouri.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Oh, yeah, and Oklahoma.

--

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Kwik Trip and Quik Trip are two very different companies, in addition to being spelled differently (one starts with a Q and the other doesn't).

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Ive stopped at a few of the kwiktrips and quicktrips. Ive found both to be very clean and very well operated. Ive only showered at one and it was spotless. Im sure they have some duds but for the most part, I like 'em!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have been watching diesel prices all over .. I think I am going back to fueling at Speedway/Marathon and other "gas station" outlets. Wal-mart and Murphy Oil is good also!

Prices are consistently .20-.30 cents a gallon less.

I can pay for the showers myself!

I realize this isn't real helpful the the big truck dudes, but it fit's well with the Sprinter.

I be doing that for years...:D and it is a much better quality diesel...better MPG's...

"Some" Speedways and QT's with truck fueling are sometimes more expensive by about .05 or better...
I've also cashed in my Speedway points twice now in 6 weeks....2x25.00=$50.00 on Speedway Food Card...

Monty

Expert Expediter
I dont like carrying cash, and ATM fees can hurt. So, I have a Super Fleet card that works at Speedway and Marathon stations.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I dont like carrying cash, and ATM fees can hurt. So, I have a Super Fleet card that works at Speedway and Marathon stations.

Same here...not a lot of cash...I use my own card, no interest, no fees....
and for what cash I do have...Cashback at Walmart also no fees....

Ya noticed? Speedway upgraded the TP!!...No more "poke thrus"...LOL

vanman10

Expert Expediter
Kwik trip up north, Quick trip down south, Kum & Go in IA/NB and Speedway at home. As long as the fuel price is right, any of those over TA/Pilot. I don't use that rip-off Comdata card and get what little cash I use at Walmart.

When I first started expediting I got wrapped up in the TA/Pilot free shower/points racket, but now I gladly pay for my showers rather than be treated like cattle at TA/Pilot. One of the great advantages of being in a cargo van or sprinter is we have many more options when on the road. :)

moose

Veteran Expediter
TA/Pilot/Love's& alikes,
allow large carrier's to pre negotiate deep fleet fuel discounts.
that's why your paying a high diesel price.
don't L/S offer the same ?
IMHO this is flat out wrong,
where's the ATA screaming for leveling the fields ?

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Kwik trip up north, Quick trip down south, Kum & Go in IA/NB and Speedway at home.

The ones I was at in Oklahoma were Kwik Trips. Used to live there and was at 'em occasionally.

--

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
For some odd reason it is corporate policy that ALL KwikTrips sell bananas.

For a while, I was enjoying the fresh fruit at Love's...until I saw it being handled. The employee bagging the grapes wasn't wearing gloves and was operating the cash register while doing it. That was the last of the fruit from Love's.

--