keyboard

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Unfortunately I was eating a piece of choclate candy and it melted on my fingers and must have dripped into one area of the keyboard. Now about 6 keys are sticky on the bottom and will not release after you press them. Any idea how to unstick these keys without major surgery.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
On Every computer I have ever owned,the keys would just pop right off.After cleaning they just snap back on.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
How do you pop them/This is an HP Pavillion lap top,can you just youse a small knife or screwdiver and pry them off?

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I use a small pocket knife.
Never had a HP,but I know it works on Dell,Compaq and Gateway.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
you may have to disassemble it to clean it.

I had to do the same thing with mine (BBQ sauce) and it was a pain to get apart. once I got it apart, I went to the sink and dunked it in soapy water with a cold water rinse and let it dry for three days (that is the keyboard I mean, nothing else).

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
During Katrina I transported a oven to a crew that specializes in restoring computers etc. After cleaning the equipment goes into the oven untill all the moisture is gone. Of cource they know what they are doing,about tempeture and time.

Maybe while going through the drying out process you could make a "brooder"with a light bulb and a box,

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well don't laugh at this but a company that prototypes highend electronics has a really nice dishwasher they put everything in to clean. it even dries.

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
search for your laptop's model service manual. It will show you how to take the keyboard out. Just pop it out, run water threw it and let dry.