Just paid $1.81 for diesel today!

Preacher

Expert Expediter
It's good to see the price coming down! $1.81 at Murphy USA in Tulsa, OK using a WalMart gift card. (3 cent discount)

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
That is great news! Here in Daytona Fl. [my home town] Diesel is still 2.259 per gallon. Bummer huh! Glad to hear maybe fuel prices are getting some relief. Do you think that election this month had anything to do with this? Drive safe and be profitable!

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Glen last week I paid $2.04 per gallon at Jimmies Citgo in Madison FL,also $1.88 at the Loves in Shreveport.Never thought I would see the day when I was glad to see$1.88..:)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are you fueling a van or do some Murphy's have slave pumps and clearance for a big truck?

Leo
truck 767

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Preacher

Expert Expediter
I was fueling my 1 ton crew cab flatbed hotshot truck. The spot where I fueled up was high enough to fit a 13'6" height truck underneath. With a WalMart gift card you get a 3 cent discount at Murphy's USA, which is located at many WalMarts and Sam's Club stores. Regular gas was $1.66 yesterday but jumped up 10 cents this morning.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Fuel use to be considerably higher in Fl than Ga. On our way home this time we were surprised that there was only a few cents difference between these states. That is comparing the prices at the J in Brunswick Ga to St Augustine, Fl. Talk about price manipulation.
Davekc

Preacher

Expert Expediter
I'm still having problems with the reason for diesel being so expensive. Just considering the fact that the entire nation's commerce is dependent on trucks moving everything from steel to cereal, you would think that diesel prices would be substantially lower than it is now. At the very least it should be 25-30 cents lower. On top of that, diesel is far less expensive to refine than gasoline. When was the last time you saw diesel prices lower than regular gas? I believe there needs to be a national policy on diesel fuel prices because of the need for goods and supplies to be moved and to help avoid inflation. Yes, you can charge a fuel surcharge but that cost still is going to be passed on to the consumer, thus increasing inflation.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Diesel should never be higher than regular gasoline. It's made from the dregs of the bbl of oil and as you say it's easier and cheaper to make. The only problem I see is rather than lowering the price of diesel half a buck like they should they'd probably just raise gasoline to match diesel.

Leo
truck 767

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.