Just like the Energizer Bunny

dieseldoctor1

Expert Expediter
the Dream Van keeps on rolling. Expeditors Dream Van - Expedite Trucking Forums

Dream Van - Expedite Trucking Forums

Just passed the three quarter million mile mark last week and the engine has over 16,100 hrs on it. Original engine, transmission, and rear end. Engine has always used a quart of oil between 2000 and 2500 miles. Now it is usually about 1800. Even the transmission fluid is original. Tie rod ends and ball joints are original and still tight. Power steering unit started leaking a little around the input shaft seal so I refilled with Lucas power steering fluid and it seems to have cured that. May blow up next week but if it does I can't grumble. It's payed for it'sself and it's replacement if I want to go that route and also maxed out mine and the wifes IRA's every year. Who says American manufacturers don't build good products?

Dieseldoctor

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Thanks for the update. I loved the posts you did during the building process. Thought it was the perfect setup then, and you really confirmed what many thought.
I would still go your route long before I would get a Sprinter.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you changing the filter in the trans? I did filter and fluid changes in my E350 and still had to rebuild at 490k.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's good to see you posting again. Hopefully it's the beginning of a new/renewed habit.