just bought a 26 foot truck and live in the nyc/nj/pa area

hernandez212

Active Expediter
do any body know any good company's????????
1st off i ready appreciate everybody's feed back thank you very much.
its a international 444E day cab..
and yes i bought the truck before i got the job because everywhere u call the first thing they ask if u own a truck..

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
That is not a good area for expediting but you may be able to get it signed on with an LTL carrier. Hopefully you bought the right truck for the company you want to go with.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
do any body know any good company's????????

There are places to put it to work.

Call these guys:

PT EXPRESS/EVEREADY
EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ 07073
(973)470-8668

THE SHAKER GROUP
675-6 Bound Brook Road
Dunellen, NJ 08812
(518) 690-4591

They might be able to help you, even with a daycab.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
and your point is stupid????????

If you already have all the information you need and don't want it pointed out you did things that appear to be backwards, why are you asking questions? He is simply making a point that you put the cart before the horse by what the majority of people would advise. If you need the truck to earn money and you are not independently wealthy, where you can afford to pay for the truck and not have it working for a few months then things were not done in the best manner. If you are independently wealthy and really don't need to have the truck earning money then, I would just turn it into an RV and not bother signing on to a company.

hernandez212

Active Expediter
If you already have all the information you need and don't want it pointed out you did things that appear to be backwards, why are you asking questions? He is simply making a point that you put the cart before the horse by what the majority of people would advise. If you need the truck to earn money and you are not independently wealthy, where you can afford to pay for the truck and not have it working for a few months then things were not done in the best manner. If you are independently wealthy and really don't need to have the truck earning money then, I would just turn it into an RV and not bother signing on to a company.

first and for most my truck is paid for not that is anyone's business.
second if u think i did it backwards keep it to your self .
it was a simple question and if u don't have positive feed back why are you even posting on my thread????????
and yes i'm wealthy enough to have a truck parked till i find a job again it is none of anyone's business.. i was asking for advice like some of these guys actually gave me instead of some immature idiots posting dumb *hit............

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
it was a simple question and if u don't have positive feed back why are you even posting on my thread????????
and yes i'm wealthy enough to have a truck parked till i find a job again it is none of anyone's business.. i was asking for advice like some of these guys actually gave me instead of some immature idiots posting dumb *hit............

Well it is a public forum where others can express their views even if you they were not what you wanted to hear. As far as your financial situation it is important to people that may read this thread and think that buying the truck is the first step. The vast majority of people in this industry are not as fortunate that they can just not work. It is information that is being put out there to not just you but others that will read the same post to gather information. My advice again is to look at LTL carriers if you are intending to stay in the north east since the expedited freight is going to be taking you out of that area.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Hernandez: you can't ask for advice AND tell folks to' keep it to yourself' or expect only positive feedback on 'your' thread.
If you ask for advice, you must listen to whatever is offered, them's the rules. You can pay attention or not, but you don't get to tell people how to respond.
Maybe if you read a bit of Newbies stuff, you'd understand why your questions invited the responses you got.....

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
I am amazed on here at the number of "advisors" that are genuinely upset that you did not consult their wisdom previously in your life. How in the world did you ever get your pants on in the morning?

hernandez212

Active Expediter

Hernandez: you can't ask for advice AND tell folks to' keep it to yourself' or expect only positive feedback on 'your' thread.
If you ask for advice, you must listen to whatever is offered, them's the rules. You can pay attention or not, but you don't get to tell people how to respond.
Maybe if you read a bit of Newbies stuff, you'd understand why your questions invited the responses you got.....
well if you are a negative person don't try to shatter someones else s dream.. its as simple as that... and your financial situation is not any of my business like mine ain't none of yours.. and i was brought up if u don't have something nice to say KEEP IT TO YOURSELF... simple as that.......

hernandez212

Active Expediter
I am amazed on here at the number of "advisors" that are genuinely upset that you did not consult their wisdom previously in your life. How in the world did you ever get your pants on in the morning?

you where extremely helpful... and i don't see how people didn't see that.. and thank you very much ....

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter

All he asked for was info on a good trucking company in the NYC.NJ/PA region, not commentary on whether he had jumped through enough hoops to make himself worthy to own a truck.

When I moved to southern California in 1996, I already owned a van, and nowhere to lease it. It's really none of our business as a forum trying to offer hindsight advice, no matter how he came about the truck. Hindsight advice requires no wisdom, and generally contains none either.