July locations and banter and everything else

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Home and OOS....Have a full week of patyin with friends and family, good food and good adult beverages...While I will enjoy a Jameson with my oldest son from time to time,i am a beer guy and that will be the beverage of choice most of this week!!

So, you that stay out and run, be safe..for those that stay out and just wait for the next load, be safe and enjoy..For those that are home...Enjoy..and yea be safe, we don't need any fingier or toes or worse blown off...

Oh and during this time, please take a moment to remember why was celebrate the 4th.....

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
In the shop. On my last load of the week heading into Detroit the van howled and rumbled. This is as good a time to be in the shop. I made it to St Louis where my regular shop will be taking a look at the drive shaft.

eb

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Well, came home, figured I was here til after Wed.. Frankie just surprised me with a decent paying load.. WV to MI.. pays good enough to cover dh to go after it, and coming back home for the 4th!

To steal a McDonald's line.. I'm lovin it!

Dale

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hope everyone has a great Week of the 4th. I had a great last week for no more then what I worked. This week is Starting slow, Unloaded here in Parkersburg WV, this Morning and know here I sit. Oh well Everyone have a great Week

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Today was about 60% of normal. Auto shut down, Canadian holiday and the upcoming US holiday really make this week a crap shoot.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you state of Indiana I now have a piece of paper passed a level III driver only inspection but I had a license plate light Out maintenance warning issued

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Have survived the 1600+ mile run WITHOUT AC, and delivered on time - and I'll be honest, when it hit 106 in the sleeper Sat afternoon, I wasn't sure either was gonna happen.
The sleeper AC is probably going to be replaced with a rooftop unit, the boss is working on which one, who will install, etc. The cabin AC was 'fixed' a few weeks ago, but isn't working now, and I'm just noticing trails through the dust [too hot to clean!!] under the dash, so a leak may be the problem with that. One of those issues that seems to become apparent on a Friday afternoon, just after picking up a load, right?
:rolleyes:
Whatever - it's a motel for now, and some literal chilling out time.

I highly recommend a Heng's Industries a/c unit, they make the units for Dometic.Heng's uses a hard start capacitor, which means the normal jolt is not evident when the compressor kicks on, like most others do.Stay away from Carrier units, they are out of the rooftop business.As far as installation goes, Dave, the owner of RV One, in Elkhart, is awesome, real good, and does the job perfect, or he won't do it at all.He does work on Prevosts, so I guess he has to be good.I mean, would you let a guy that did not know what he is doing work on you're million dollar coach?He even has outlets outside for you to plug in while waiting to get in the shop.He is not cheap,but you get what you pay for.And he does it right.Heng's makes every size of a/c unit, just google them, or call me, and I can give you both #'s for them.Heng's is also made in Elkhart.440-725-5951. my #, if you need to call me.Best of luck to ya!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thank you state of Indiana I now have a piece of paper passed a level III driver only inspection but I had a license plate light Out maintenance warning issued

Did they pull u over? What did they inspect?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
On our way to Houston then probably a motel with a pool for Wednesday unless we get on out tomorrow afternoon. You all be safe.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did they pull u over? What did they inspect?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Nice officer...he knew I was not HOS regulated.....seems a drivers license, registration, med card, BOL is called a level 3 in the big truck world....

dang plate light got me.....have 15 days to get it fixed and make it to the yard and I guess Angie or George to sign it and fax it to Indiana.....NO CSA value attached to this...

BTW....In Bowling Green KY...:)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep...funny timing eh?....

this is the 2nd time for Indiana...JuJu and I got stopped on I74 about 4 yrs ago....same thing....:rolleyes:.....seems they are big on bulbs...LOL

That is probably the one nice idiot light I do like on my sprinter, tells ya when ever a light bulb goes out. So far it has not been wrong :cool:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turtles mechanical problem was...get this....Could be said...A loose nut behind the wheel.....LMAO>>>