Journey

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Close associates already know what has happened and plans I put in place long ago.

Few months back, I sold that cute little T-3 thanks to this site. It sold in just a few days and took about another two weeks to wrap up the deal.

My plan was to exit Expediting, to enter into 18 wheels more stable work. I was given the opportunity to Drive for Averitt nice equipment great benefits NO PAY. Had to go to plan B which was in my long term horizon anyway, become O/O again. Just implimented the change faster than I had planned due to NO INCOME.

Make a long story short, since I had a relationship with the Carrier I choose, they knew my reputation (thank goodness they know of nothing of this site so I am protected) and let me come on board with only 3 months T/T expierence. Years driving a straight truck well = nothing except how to read traffic, a map, and know the ins and outs of docks etc.. You all know what I am talking about.

Anyway I have purchased a nice Tractor, and hope it turns out to be relieable no guarantees though and a trailer since as it has turned out I am now on a dedicated run 650 each way 24 hours to cover it 2X one week and 3X the next same locations both stops for unload and load. (home on weekends)

I asked Terry a while back regarding my future here. Should I stay, keep posting or not? Terry felt that my past expierence and new knowledge could be helpfull.

Anyway it has been an up and down emotional ride this year. But as I begin into what I always wanted to do the Journey now that I am positioned should be rewarding, pesonally and finacially. Thanks to advice from MANY on here for advice over the years, so many names I could list on and on so I will say this, if you have ever posted under a thread, answered a question, or read one of my posts THANKS for all of your input.

I view my Expeding expierence as successfull, this is just what I wanted to do. Made many more right decisions than wrong ones, this expierence I have earned will be beneficial to my future success that I am sure of.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Kraig you would be very missed on this site! You have a lot of info to offer. I hope that your life is more on a even keel now and you can reach all of the goals you have set for yourself. We have always enjoyed what you have to say.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Hey Broom,

I think the 46 points in your rating are at least a tiny testament of the appreciation that exists within the EO community towards you. I am sure that I am just one of many who hope that you will pop in whenever you have the time to.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]

are12

Expert Expediter
Broom,

Good luck on your new adventure and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Be safe!

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I can see no reason to stop posting here, Truckin is Truckin. good luck in your new endeavour.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Kraig no need for you to hang up when we are startimg to have:
" How the Wheel turns" tpoics on a daily basis.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Broom, somewhere along the line you signed a virtual clause making you a member of E.O. for life. Sorry you can't quit on us now. Good luck and can you offer any more details of what you are doing?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Don't be a stranger as you have some great posts

Good luck on the new gig!

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
All my best to you!

Thanks for your advice and opinions regarding the wonderful world of expediting.:D

If I can be of any assistance to you, please feel free contact me at any time.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Kraig,you have alot to give to this forum.Everyone here in one way or another has benefited from your posts,so if your to busy to stop by,you will be missed.Just because you have started into another endeavor,doesn't mean you have to stay away.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Well durn!! I already miss you!!! I wish you the very best! Be happy and love what you do! india

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
America - Home of the free because of the brave!

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Kraig,

With the head you have for business, I'm sure you will be a success. You are always welcome here, and as soon as we get some registration issues fixed, our sister OTR site will be up and running also, so come on over there.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator
Expediters Online.com
Truckme.com

--------------

"The present is what slips by us while we're pondering the past and worrying about the future."

- Ziggy

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ok, Broom, enough with the hugs, here's the deal: if you stop visiting us, I may have to pass your cellphone number on to a few dozen people who want to know how you're doin, see? ;)
Just kidding - maybe....:p

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Tell us about your new rig. How does big rig driving compare to expediting? How does the lifestyle comapre. Your first impressions would be interesting to hear.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Broom,

I have always enjoyed reading your post, and meeting you in person I found you to be the same real person in real life as you are on this forum. Always a pleasure to talk to you weather in person, by phone, or online. I have a lot of respect for you and would really miss your post if you left this site.

I wish you the best and feel sure you will be successful in your new endeavor because you have what it takes to be successful. Remember success and happiness is not measured by the amount of money you have in your pocket but by the love and satisfaction you carry in your heart.

Good Luck,
Danny

raceman

Veteran Expediter
BP, I wish you all the best. I had no idea you had that in your plans but I am sure you will do well at it. Congrats on the new ride and may the good Lord always watch over you. Good Luck!
Raceman
Dedicated O/O
OOIDA 741748
www.trickortruck.com

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Thanks everyone.

Today will be my first day out. Two turns this week should finish up Saturday PM, and be picking up for three next week.

Broker is excellent. Gona enjoy the consistancy, waiting for loads just did not fit my work ethic. Waiting for Averitt, heck I was busier as an Expediter. The hoops I had to jump thru though to get to this point really had planned on being with Averitt for a year and if I liked it stay, $450 a week, to $550.00 take home was just not doint it for 5-6 days out. This blows that out of the water.

Everyone drive safe.

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Broom, you ended up doing what I was talking about in another post of yours. That is to say YOU are CHANGING IT. In my opinion, you will probably do well, by making the move and not waiting for things to change for the better with expediting companies. Who knows, you may be making a change back when things do pick up on this side. Meantime, the best to you ,and I for one will be interested in following your progress in TT. I made the change from TT to EXPEDITE several years ago, and it worked for me. Different strokes for different folks.