January 2013 locations

guido4475

Not a Member
I am not complaining, it's been fine....content.

In Laredo, with the flock.....lol...

As positive as I try to be, in every situation, it is amazing how many are not happy unless they are miserable...

Falligator

Expert Expediter
And figure in the empty miles from Laredo to you're pickup, and what did you really make?
not a whole hell of a lot, but I'm not sitting with the masses!
[/QUOTE]
This time of the year it is always good to keep an eye on the weather channel, and keep on top of the weather.....[/QUOTE]yeah, tell me about it. After driving through Birmingham I was thinking I should have stayed with the masses!! Lol

guido4475

Not a Member
not a whole hell of a lot, but I'm not sitting with the masses!
This time of the year it is always good to keep an eye on the weather channel, and keep on top of the weather.....[/QUOTE]yeah, tell me about it. After driving through Birmingham I was thinking I should have stayed with the masses!! Lol[/QUOTE]

Sitting is part of the nature of the beast, expediting.It can be expected. You only gave it one day. In Laredo...So you'd rather be driving for next to nothing....lol..Awesome business sense....I hope it works for ya! Just sayin'...

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Actually, I gave it Monday to Weds evening before I left Laredo. I usually do sit there, but at the same time I keep an eye on the other vans. If the same vans are still sitting there a couple of days later I'll usually break camp and head to Houston or Dallas. Being January tho figured just heading east would bring me luck, but also the weather. Lol. So I'm sitting at the J in Franklin, KY. Dispatch can pull me out of Louisville or Nashville if need be.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
None of those 3 cities are any better then Laredo for me. Had my best luck out of Houston. But each carrier is different. I usually made the move to Houston on Sunday afternoon because I'd rather sit in Laredo then Houston!

Falligator

Expert Expediter
None of those 3 cities are any better then Laredo for me. Had my best luck out of Houston. But each carrier is different. I usually made the move to Houston on Sunday afternoon because I'd rather sit in Laredo then Houston!

Yeah that's why I moved east. I'm new with Nations so I'm trying to figure out their hotspots. Looks like Jackson, MS is decent for them. I'd give Laredo more time if it was March-June.

BigBadBill

Active Expediter
Wait, am I missing something? Are you guys saying you will sit for days and not find your own loads? Is this your carrier not allowing this? At least get on TL board and look for partials.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
At the Wally World in Minot, ND for a rest break and some shut-eye ... a little windy right now ... the temp climbed from a chilly 16 over around Fargo to the mid-thirties here right now ... but it's due to drop out the bottom in a few hours ...

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just check Walmarts along the interstates and if i a sprinter there with SD plates. ....then i know good fishing hole. ...... :D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app