Its official as USA and Mexico sign pact to screw American truckers

fortwayne

Not a Member
LaHood....Obama's taco buzzed to Meltico....oops that's Mexico and made it official by signing the agreement to allow the border crossing of Mexican trucks. Sorry had problems posting the link from Forbes. This took place earlier today. Seriously, how is this good for the American trucker? Its not but it gets that Obooma more of the Spanish speaking vote here in the states.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

fortwayne

Not a Member
Turtle.....the more politicians spend to win an office the more costly the thank you is on us.
We have failed being diplomatic with Mexico and instead have just become accustomed to doing what we are told...
From Clinton, both of the Bush tards and now this puke that is leading the USA into the United Scraps of Ameri-can't.
Not being unpatriotic here so don't even go there....I just want my country back.
Why doesn't Obama fight for American truckers?
Simple....the payback from the otherwise is much larger.
OBAMA=OPPRESSIVE BUREACRAT AGAINST MOST AMERICANS!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"Why doesn't Obama fight for American truckers?"

For the same reason Clinton and Bush didn't.

fortwayne

Not a Member
Davekc...in IMHO this bill solves nothing. It still allows them to cross, it gives them three years to cherry pick and work American rates downward during this time as well.
If anything what we need to see is a very restrictive measure allowing only a small percentage of freight being allocated and allowed on Mexican trucks.....since apparently we have no leaders that can't simply so no no and no.
Many business leaders love this agreement cause now they will be able to get their products to and from Mexico much cheaper.
Yet they could care less that an American trucker sits and sits waiting for their next load.

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I, for one sadly await the day that some American and or family is taken out by a mexican driver. I really wonder what if any steps will then be taken to eradicate the horrible imjustice done to all. It's not just Mexican drivers, it's any driver from any country who gets hired or brought in from another country to drive any company's trucks here, without first having an excellent understanding and knowledge, and ability to speak our language fluently! I have seen drivers hauling triple trailers who wait at fuel stops for their company's interpertor to arrive so that they can purchase fuel for their trucks, they can't even buy fuel, how the **** do you think they read the signs?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I have yet seen any evidence that it will effect US. The problem I see is it will effect the people who do the best buy (big box stores) and the electronics shipments out of Mexico.

I don't see how the Mexican independent will actually have an upper hand any of the things WE do in this country.

The one thing that is missed is that Mexico companies are not running 'cheap' freight because of their operating costs (like health care and taxes) and that the Teamsters CAN NOT organize the trucker south of the border - which is the main source of the propaganda that has been allowed to flow freely throughout the truck stops and the news.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I can see it now.

WANTED; Mexican Cargo Van and Straight truck operators to run Automotive parts from Mexico to all points north. Good pay 25 pacos per mile. Mexican voters registration card can be used for CDL. No oblay englasae.:mad:

fortwayne

Not a Member
I have yet seen any evidence that it will effect US. The problem I see is it will effect the people who do the best buy (big box stores) and the electronics shipments out of Mexico.

I don't see how the Mexican independent will actually have an upper hand any of the things WE do in this country.

The one thing that is missed is that Mexico companies are not running 'cheap' freight because of their operating costs (like health care and taxes) and that the Teamsters CAN NOT organize the trucker south of the border - which is the main source of the propaganda that has been allowed to flow freely throughout the truck stops and the news.

Evidence comes later.
Big box American truckers are still Americans.
And you don't think Mexican truckers run cheap freight? WOW........their overhead is alot cheaper than ours due to less intrusion by their government and less regulations.
Why do some people on here stand up for the Mexicans more than fighting for the rights of their fellow Americans....oh that's right its about being politically correct and not wanting to offend anyone.
Personally, I don't care if o offend anyone regarding this issue....cause its me, my fellow drivers and America first.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Evidence comes later.

Really?

I think that the problem many point to isn't with the Mexicans or the preconceived notion that they will ruin the country with their presence on this side of the border but rather looking at the "players" of this issue, like the teamsters who can't benefit from them being here because they can not legally organize them. If they can organize, I bet my truck and my other truck and my van plus my cats that you would never hear a peep out of Hoffa AND you would see non-English speaking driver in those trucks.

Big box American truckers are still Americans.

Yep I gree to a point. A lot of those big box drivers are also part of a greater problem in the industry - the revolving door system and the cause of the CSA to be created to weed out substandard drivers. Which do we want, drivers who have finished school, let loose in a tractor and not be able to handle it or someone who knows if they screw up, they lose their job and their family starves?

And you don't think Mexican truckers run cheap freight? WOW........their overhead is alot cheaper than ours due to less intrusion by their government and less regulations.

Well the government is cheaper but the overhead for a company there isn't. See there are two things that I understand happen, one is that when an employer hires a driver, they are paying for a lot of stuff for that driver and the cost to that company to maintain two things; liability insurance and health care. There are no real 1099s in Mexico, they are employees and the company has to pay a specific wage while maintaining a specific benefits package. The driver also has a BIG obstacle to deal with, the Mexican legal system doesn't treat accidents as accidents which means they let the driver slide - a driver can lose everything and go to jail for things that we take for granted are minor or BS things.

Why do some people on here stand up for the Mexicans more than fighting for the rights of their fellow Americans....oh that's right its about being politically correct and not wanting to offend anyone.

I fight for my fellow professional drivers when I can but in this case I am not going to fight for the teamster driver nor any revolving door system that I feel cheapened the profession. It has to do with their jumping into the driver's seat taking work away from those who maintain a professional demeanor at all times. The union driver doesn't give a crap what happens to me or many independents because we are not union. The same goes for a company driver who has just finished a month training with the company and is let loose on the road without a clue how to act professional.

After talking to some of the independents (and company drivers) from Mexico, they feel they are painted in a bad way as scab drivers by most in this industry on this side of the border (a lot like the Indian drivers being treated in Canada) but most who explained the system to me stressed that this won't be a case where our industry will fall apart because of a few thousand Mexican drivers on the road. One even went so far as to ask why we don't care about Canadian drivers while we are concern with Mexican drivers.

Personally, I don't care if o offend anyone regarding this issue....cause its me, my fellow drivers and America first.

I would agree but for me it is far beyond this subject that we are having problems with - it is the overall ignorance that many have about US jobs vs. US companies. Many think that buying a US company product helps with jobs but they fail to get what's behind that product. I get a laugh at the same time I feel sorry for the guy or gal who has their little bumper sticker on their car that says "Have you lost your job yet? Keep buying foreign" while it is stuck to the back of a Dodge Caravan. A Caravan that is made in a foreign country by foreign workers.

osumike33

Seasoned Expediter
LaHood....Obama's taco buzzed to Meltico....oops that's Mexico and made it official by signing the agreement to allow the border crossing of Mexican trucks. Sorry had problems posting the link from Forbes. This took place earlier today. Seriously, how is this good for the American trucker? Its not but it gets that Obooma more of the Spanish speaking vote here in the states.

Face it, how things affect truckers and the trucking industry are not at the top of anyone's priority list, except those personally involved. If something 'helps' business and consumers, this will be considered a good thing, even if it has a bad affect on truckers. It goes all the way back to Nixon, Carter, deregulation, it did not matter that it would adversely affect truckers - prices got lower, allegedly, for consumers and that's what they cared about. It's been mentioned on here before that the rates being paid now to truckers are basically what they were 20 years ago, probably even longer (or less). So - obviously what is good for truckers is really of little concern to those in power, on either side of the political fence. Bash Obama if you like...but he's trying to help the middle class and working man FAR more than those who refuse to ask the millionaires & billionaires to pay a bit more. Whether this Mexico thing will affect any of us, I don't know...we'll see, if it gets off the ground. As for a Mexican driver killing an American family because he's incompetent, that's already happened - only he was Eastern European and was able to 'buy' his CDL...and our former governor is in jail basically because of the can of worms that opened.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Hey mr your cargo is here LMAO
mexican-trucking.jpg

Any space at the truck stop mr ? LOL
images

The new expedited truck look ! OOOOWWWWW
images

Mr DOT man I have my DL do you like my picture ?
CA_DL-Osama338x219.gif

Last edited:

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Seriously now I am not worried at all first off have you seen their trucks down in the border towns? 2nd get the dot auto pass and the dot officers will be waiting for the Crappy old cab overs it will work out for a sense in a good way for us.

What will suck is the following nastier toilets in the truck stops, longer fuel lines, longer lines at scales, more gators along highway, more traffic, and nasty rusty loud old smoke blowing cruddy old trucks parked next to us, and then the best part harder to find parking spots for large trucks.

And if this does happen for sure where they can enter all the way into usa now man laredo and elpaso runs are done forget the border towns now heck they will run the loads direct in now.

This will also put a major hurting on the storage facilities that are bonded for the import export freight the companies that own those warehouses need to speak up big time.

But in the end it will all work out the dot officers will have a hay day LOL.

http://teamsternation.blogspot.com/2011/07/mexican-trucks-todays-attack-on-middle.html

Last edited:

idtrans

Expert Expediter
US, Mexico sign cross-border trucking agreement - Yahoo! News

Landmark US-Mexico trucking agreement resolves 15-year conflict - CSMonitor.com

It's official: Mexican trucks coming

http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/stock-market-news-story.aspx?storyid=201107062145dowjonesdjonline000452&title=mexico-truckers-not-eager-to-make-long-haul-trips-in-us

And many more articles about the topic. This could seriously hurt allot of the border town loads. So if sitting in laredo for 9 days is bugging add more days and see what you think. Me I haven't been taking any loads to the border at all for past few months and now I will take none won't have to the Mexican trucking companies will do it for us.

Also we are allowed to cross into Mexico to deliver no freaking way would I cross for what to get hijacked or shot at. Iraq is safer than Mexico and thats a proven fact the mexico border cities have declared the most dangerous cities in the world at the moment.

http://factreal.wordpress.com/2011/06/08/mexican-drug-cartels-their-armored-monster-trucks/

I truly hope many of you on here will take this subject serious because it is a very serious raping of the truckers finances.

Last edited:

idtrans

Expert Expediter
I can see it now.

WANTED; Mexican Cargo Van and Straight truck operators to run Automotive parts from Mexico to all points north. Good pay 25 pacos per mile. Mexican voters registration card can be used for CDL. No oblay englasae.:mad:

And it will happen watch if they can get a truck to deliver direct into Mexico and bypass the fee for a warehouse they will do it. The border town many of you like will be old news fast and the freight leaving will be scarce.

I am not saying Mexican truckers will run freight cheap but yes they will save shippers extra fees they won't have to pay with direct shipments and extra trucking fees and storage fees.

I am not very worried because I run allot now in the Central NW hauling lots of oil drilling support items and you must be a us citizen to enter so my loads are safe that I am running at the moment but how long will these loads last then what if I have to go back to general freight then it could be a huge headache for getting export loads.

I know Nissan and cat would save Millions in extra expenses alone not even naming GM, Ford, and all the other massive companies that do lots of trading with Mexico.

We all need to pull together and fight for our rights some how. And carefully so we don't look bad with our arguing for our rights as hard working citizens of the USA !

My main concern in the matter is public safety and work staying steady for the many people that need the freight in the usa to feed their families and make a living.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
PROTECTIONISM....it runs rampant here in the US.....it is NOT about the US/Canada/Mexico anymore...there is a big world out there and developing countries coming out of the dark ages, doing it cheaper...

I happen to believe trade from all 3 countries should move freely between them....no duties, no tariffs on anything made in any of the 3.....barriers just increase the cost of doing business...Reduce costs of all our products and make us all more competitive.....We don't even have REAL Free Trade with Canada....

American companies, Canadian companies don't give a darn....their focus is profits, the bottomline and that is the way of the WORLD....we can stick our heads in the sand and put up walls....we lose.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I'm sorry but it seems no one wants to actually learn what is true and what isn't.

If you fall for the BS line that the teamsters and others are propagating in the news, then I feel sorry for you.

I can only see the negitive in this as it would affect us in the way it already affects us. It won't change the rates that are already rock bottom, it won't take the jobs from those except for the very marginal drivers who work for horrible carriers to begin with and it won't change the fact that we already have an influx of Mexican trucks operating here and have been for years.

If we want to worry about jobs, how about demanding the congress cuts back on the H-1b visas and the other visa programs that allow people with "skills" to enter the country and take jobs from us?

Um here's one for you ... why isn't there a complaint about Canadians working over here and living there while being paid just a bit less than American workers because their health care is "paid" for? There are a lot of border companies who won't hire Americans to do the work?

Why is it we can't focus on fixing our own industry but we have to complain about something that is actually not a bad thing because it opens us up for more work. It isn't like we are going to have 20,000 trucks waiting on the other side of the border to come over here and steal the work.

When you look at what is really going on, the crap you see in Eagle pass, Laredo, Yuma and San Diego seems to be those local cross border junks that can't make it father than 50 miles. It is the same as the trucks up here that are used for border crossings, they are marginally junk trucks with a little life left in them and they are beaten until they quit than another one is found for $5000 to replace it. When I was up in San Fransisco, I didn't see the old junk but rather new and good looking Volvos and Macks. BIG difference between the two.

I agree with OVM, our real problems here is an idea that we need not to be part of the global economy but isolate ourselves. We already have issues with this idea that Canada is our enemy and we need to inspect every little truck and van that comes over here, while they actually seem to trust what we say when we hit the border. Jobs won't come here not because of the trucking industry but because we are a business unfriendly country. Change that and we won't have to worry about any trucks from Mexico.

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
If American trucks can go in Canada why the mexican trucks would not be allowed in US? If they follow DOT regulations I don't see any problem. This is part of the world globalization. Yes ,will be less jobs for us but what we can do?