It's not how much you make, etc, etc.

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Someone has posted on this site the fact that it is not how much you make, but how much you keep. I haven't been keeping much lately. A couple weeks ago, a new windshield for my van. A crack that kept creeping. Last week, a break down that required a tow-in and a healthy repair. Something electrical. Of course, I had the extended AAA application on my desk waiting for my perusal. The extended AAA membership would have covered ALL the tow bill. This week it was new tires. I bought three new ones just like the original equipment tires, and put the spare on the ground. 99,000 miles isn't too bad on original equipment tires. This week I noticed I got overspray from a bridge paint crew on the front of my van. The estimate is over $2,000. The headlights and the plastic stuff on the front will have to be replaced. Body shop guy said the oil based paint is almost impossible to remove. The whole front, hood, and front of the top will have to be sanded and polished. Thank goodness all this will help keep me out of the higher tax brackets.
:+ :+

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Murphy has been especially fond of you recently. Do you think you could get any recourse from the bridge painters for that damage? I'm sure you weren't the only one affected so they must know they screwed up. Good luck.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 4958, 5447
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Let's see, now. It was one of the fifty bridges I drove under that was being painted somewhere between Canada and Mississippi, sometime in the last week of May, or first week of June. I've already thought of that. Kinda hard to narrow it down as to the exact paint crew. I can live with my damage. I feel sorry for the guy with the new Vette, or the guy with the street rod with the billion dollar paint job. Thanks, anyhoo. :+ :+ Oh, I forgot, I feel sorry for the guy with the sharp truck that spends his/her time washing and polishing it. :+ :+

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Then there is the folks that shoot themselves in the foot and drive 60 miles to a truck stop, stead of parking under a tree, and, then driving 65 miles back to a pick up, then, wonder why they don't get to keep too much.

jwgmover

Expert Expediter
Hey, does anyone know if there's book published with a lists all the trees you can park under? :) :7 :+ :D

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I'd imagine, if, someone were so far gone and, needed a book to find a tree, the book probably wouldn't do them much good.:+ :+ :+ :+

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Parking under a tree could block your Q/comm signal so you might be under that tree for months.:+ :+

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
That's A bad thing about a qualcom, I don't use one.:+ :+

jwgmover

Expert Expediter
In Brownstown, MI.... looking for tree.....

Wait there's a good one in that back yard! But that dog sure looks mean...

Oh well, guess I just Dead Head 4 miles to the Detroiter.....

Wow, look at all those campers.... Oh wait, that's just AlumiBunk!

Wow, look at all those Vans and Sprinters camping... Glad I don't have one of them....

What! $5.00 to park?? Should have kept looking for that tree....x( x(

Sorry, I know I'm off topic.:+ :+ :+

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
There are Trees and there are Trees. Be careful as to which one you park under. Some trees such as Oaks have been known to topple over for no reason. So if like the Old Prof you are having some bad luck be carefull out there. Does Michigan have any healthy trees below Traves City??

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
All the bird poop would look like fancy graphics at a glance. Someone let me know when they find a tree with showers, rest rooms, and a restaurant.