It's just June.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
hard to imagine a $900 a month insurance payment plus van payment...holy cow
1200 miles @ .75 = $900..even if van payment was 1/2 the insurance bill...
you'd have to run 1800 miles to AND that doesn't include the cost to run them 1800 miles...
you'd probably have to run at least another 300 miles to pay for the first 1800 miles, now up to 2100 miles..and you haven't made a penny.....still have to add on other expenses as well...
Thats why I think its just Better to retire in SD... live the easy life ... and let the ( i wanna go Broke ) newbies just jump into this business .... of course this includes Retired people from New Jersey also .

hauling freight from a Pond near you
That post wasn't intentionally pointed to MR. N.J. but rather anyone with high operating costs...

I just wanna be a Toys R Us kid! :p

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just stopped off at my local Port Huron Pilot to fuel and scale. 5 Sprinters and a cargo van sitting there:eek: Normally 1 or none. Glad my house is only a couple of miles away :rolleyes:
I knew there was a problem with MI, when broker was offering a load to Laredo at rate In-transit got in there. I get out of Laredo at better rate than that. Good thing I left that state.

Sent from my i-sung.

Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Thats why I think its just Better to retire in SD... live the easy life ... and let the ( i wanna go Broke ) newbies just jump into this business .... of course this includes Retired people from New Jersey also .

hauling freight from a Pond near you
This has become a sightseeing tax deduction. However, if I had been in this for years, like Ken, this WOULD be a time to get out.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: ntimevan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Hanging around Southern Pines, NC...delivered this morning...not seeming to have much luck but the day isn't over yet...last carrier didn't have much luck with NC freight, hoping Murray has better luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EO Forums mobile app
A year ago Carolina was Golden, now it's urine

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Empty in from the yoopers and back down at the j in Saginaw ! Shower and some major decision making time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stereotypes-up-7.jpg

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was hoping to get back out this week, but....

Don't like how the brakes are feeling, so going to take it into the shop tomorrow to get checked out while still home.

And after a frustrating day of burning up drill bits trying to get my new TV mount on the van finished, it doesn't fit my TV. The TV arrived after the mount, so I thought I would get a head start :rolleyes:

Ordered a extender for the mount, which is suppose to fit, but will not arrive until Friday.

So most likely looks like I'll be back out, next week :dash2:

Status
Not open for further replies.