its Fri. THE 13th

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
I'm seeing (and hearing) all the harleys on their way to Port Dover, would love to go see it sometime.

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
Yhe'p , its probably not a good day to be messing with the Black Cat ...
Moose.

I got three black cats and my day went great, very light traffic, light day, virtually no border lineup and got done early.

PS - plus its payday. :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I was born of Friday the 13th, and according to my birth certificate, at 1:13 PM (1313 hours), but I think the doctor and the delivery room nurses just had a killer sense of humor.

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
we are at home went to Lansing to renew plates spent 40 min. then back to GR for dinner not a bad 13th. not luck just good planning.

rdtrpn

Seasoned Expediter
Don't forget about Saturday The 14th, which was a spoof of the Friday The 13th Movies and the worst movie ever. But hey if you're a horror movie fan a halloween lover you just may want to watch it anyway.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Don't forget about Saturday The 14th, which was a spoof of the Friday

Hey, that's not funny! :)

Today I had to deal with a level one inspection and ended up with a violation - first one ever. I just got this thing inspected Thursday and the DOT found that they didn't inspect my brakes but signed off on it. He had me fix the problem (a quick turn of the adjusters and I was done) but that was just the start of the problems. I am letting the company deal with this issue, I am p*ssed off.

I was coming through southern Ohio and there were a hundred squirrels running across the road. Everyone stopped of course fuzzy nice things they are but about a mile down the road I had about ten of them sitting in the middle of my lane not moving out of the way - rabies maybe?

I ended up in West Virginia and the rain started to pore, the idiots driving were stopping in the road. On the other side of the road, there was five kind of messed up cars which looked like one stopped because of the rain drops hitting their windshield and the others were playing with their GPS units.

When I made it to Virginia, the storms were even worst. There was some idiot on a BMW bike who was just riding a long not thinking of getting off the road, he got hit with a shower of water and almost lost the bike in front of me. He was one of five riding BMWs in the storm. The harley riders seemed to be the smart ones, camping out under the bridges.

I am tooling along and got one of the BMW idiots passing me as I go up a hill, he has someone behind him in a honda just keeping pace with him. I slowed down to 60 (had some weight on the truck) and figure that by the time I crest the hill, I will be doing 50, he passes me and then the honda just breaks the nose of my truck, the rain comes down hard. The idiot on the bike immediately gets into my lane, slows down to 40, I am slamming on my brakes as he hits his flashers and almost get a bmw as part of my grill. Then the honda somehow comes into my lane, almost hitting the bike and me.

But that's not all, I fought the high winds and the nasty rain all the way to about 5 miles to my drop and then the sky cleared up and there was no rain but while I was getting there on the highway from the interstate, there was a lot of construction. The rain was coming down hard, I was doing 30 and then I hit a number of 'puddles' that completely soaked my truck. I do believe that NC does not believe in drains because my trip back through, the same puddles were still there.