Is Unicell around?

Turbod_86_stang

Expert Expediter
I tried to access their website and it is down, i am looking to either raise my roof or get this unicell body for my van. I have a 2002 e-350 diesel van and just want more space in general. How much are those unicell bodies goin for? thx

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
The Aerocell is a nice looking body. If used for expediting, would it be better to have a roll-up door or swing out? Also, would a step bumper or a flat back be better?

I've begun work on a business plan that initially was going to be for a cargo van, but after seeing the Aerocell, a 12'(after sleeper installed) box may be a viable alternative.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanx,

Rex

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
If you are considering using Unicell for expediting use - you may want to speak with them first. They have said that their product is not configured for over-the-road expediting use.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Education is the best defense against the media.

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
Thanx, Lawrence, I'm planning to call them for more info, and I guess that will be the first question.

Rex

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
I made a call to Unicell, and spoke with a lady named Amanda regarding the suitability of their large Aerocell for use in expediting. She stated that although the company does not offer a specific expediting package with sleeper capability, there are no other issues regarding durability or warranty. The body can be spec'ed as needed for cargo security (e-track, etc.).

So, my original questions remain.
Roll-up or swing out rear doors?
Step bumper or flat back?

Thanx,

Rex

Turbod_86_stang

Expert Expediter
Here is my problem... I already have the van so i need a company to dispose of my old van body and put on a new one...First company i called won't do it.. but now i am looking into getting a roof raising kit and tryin to build a bunk up top..

twodogsdaddy

Expert Expediter
Do you have a van with a box either the cutaway or van and chassis? If so Unicell will remove the old box and put there's on. If you have a regular cargo van I think you might have a problem. The removal would be a little more complicated and not sure if your wheel base will take a very big box. The 16 and 17 foor aerocells I believe need a wheel base of around 190 inches and I believe they are gor a dual rear wheel configuration.

neverlate

Expert Expediter
If you want to see a super van which happens to be a Unicell you need to see Dieseldoctors van. He is leased to Panther. I got to talk to him and he showed me through his van and it is awesome. So much room and comfort and that bed system is so cool. Also he has added airbags with leveling valves off a big truck. He has two threads on this forum where you can see what he has done.

http://www.expeditersonline.com/cgi...az=show_thread&om=519&forum=DCForumID16&omm=0

http://www.expeditersonline.com/cgi...az=show_thread&om=348&forum=DCForumID16&omm=0