Is this a company owned site?

snipervictim

Expert Expediter
I just came accross this site a said what the hay i would join ,but as i read the posts it seems like the drivers dont really get to say or hear whats really going on is this true is this a site owned by some company ?}>

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
No this site is not owned by a trucking company. You can post a question and hopefully you will get a helpful response. We don't tolerate company bashing or individuals being singled out for persecution.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
no just a bunch of good old expeditor's telling lie's fish stories and the one that got away

bryan

Veteran Expediter
No we save that for the truckstops. Have to have something to while away the hours between loads. LOL

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
thunderhorse,

You are incorrect.

Our forum is full of criticisms of P2 - and any other company for that matter.

Spend sometime in our archives before making a claim like that.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

A billion Chinese can't be wrong, eat rice.

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
just don't say anything baaa baaa baaa bad about Panther 2...
thunderhorse

With only 5 posts, it appears your time on the site may have been limited.
As mentioned by Lawrence, searching the archives will give you both positive and negative information about any company including Panther.
No company is going to be a perfect fit for everyone. If it was, everyone would be there.;)
Davekc

zingfu25

Expert Expediter
Since when does number of posts show limited time on site? Can you see that he has been a member since Sept 02? I'm sure there are a number of people who just browse and do not post. This is exactly what I mean by moderators jumping to conclusions and being aggressive when someone says something about a sponsor. And sniper...to answer your main question, yes it is!!!!!

mvbn1

Expert Expediter
This site is owned and run by OnTime Media LLC. Go to the "About EO" link on the home page and do some research.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Zing,

Our moderators have a 5 star rating from the forum members - if they were anything but professional and helpful - I think it would be reflected in the ratings from their peers.

However, I noticed that you have a -4. Hmmmmm...

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]

zingfu25

Expert Expediter
Lawrence, hmmmm...didnt have a negative rating until I started expressing my dislike for the moderators powertrips against members. Go figure.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Zing.

Your wrong again.

You need to get your facts straight before posting them to a public forum.

You had a negative post from in 2003:

2/18/2003 Doggie Daddy - 2

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]

The Gibster

Expert Expediter
Zing,

My impression of an open forum is to have open idea sharing about (a subject) for the benefit and education of all those involved. I am not, and don't feel anyone else is trying to bash or smear you. I support all your opinions, your opinion different than mine about something means I have a chance to learn something new.

I appreciate you drawing attention to a problem area. But this can (and should) be presented in a professional manner, without hatred or attack.

When I first joined this forum I had a legal issue with my past carrier. I tried to present the facts only, but I'm sure I was seeing red and that came thru on my post.

We all should share awareness of a problem so that we all don't fall victim to the same problem. It's hard enough out here to make a living on the road with everything else going on.

But let's all share the facts, not try to share anger. By all means please let us know if you discover a problem.

But let me draw my own conclusions.

Thanks.
Wishing you all the best.

The Gibster
;-)

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Snipervictim sez:

just came accross this site a said what the hay i would join ,but as i read the posts it seems like the drivers dont really get to say or hear whats really going on is this true is this a site owned by some company ?}>

I'm perplexed. You posted previously and received a couple of good answers to a realistic question. You were asked for follow-up information so other members could give you a more in-depth reply, but you never responded to those requests for more info.

Your last post and this one proves that you "really get to say or hear whats really going on" Yes this is true.

You asked if this is a company owned site and you got an answer to that as well. It is not a trucking company, as in carrier, the owner of Expeditersonline.com is OnTime Media, Inc. The FORUM is neither owned, moderated nor controlled by any company other than EO. This FORUM is moderated and controlled by folks just like you; owners, operators, people who aspire to be owners or operators, and people who are just interested in associating with people in the expediting business.

zingfu25;

You also are welcome to post information or questions pertinent to expediting or the topic at hand. If you have factual negative comments, those are welcome too. I'm sure many of the members join me in looking forward to you having something worthwhile and informative to share.

Terry

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Zing wrote:

Since when does number of posts show limited time on site? Can you see that he has been a member since Sept 02? I'm sure there are a number of people who just browse and do not post. This is exactly what I mean by moderators jumping to conclusions and being aggressive when someone says something about a sponsor

Please read my post alittle more carefully. I said he MAY have limited time on here. I did use the word MAY. Just because he was a member since 02 is not relevant as to whether he actively views the site. As I stated, it seemed limited based on his comments with additional information in the archives. Clearly Thunderhorse has not read them prior to his post. You are correct in that many read without posting, I was merely giving him the benefit of doubt.
Davekc

zingfu25

Expert Expediter
Dear Almighty Mr. Lawrence, when i said i didnt have a negative rating until i posted that last comment, i meant that my avg was even....0 points. 2 good and 2 bad. Then i make a comment on something you power trippers dont like and then, here comes all the negatives ratings. Oh well, there's better, more useful, non-political expediting forums out there which which have a growth of 350% since jan. so please dont brag about your 15% growth

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Zing wrote

Then i make a comment on something you power trippers dont like and then, here comes all the negatives ratings. Oh well, there's better, more useful, non-political expediting forums out there which which have a growth of 350% since jan. so please dont brag about your 15% growth

I don't think the statement was made by anyone that said they disliked your post. It was pointed out that your information was incorrect.
In addition, it does not constitute a political forum because someone either disagrees with you, or you have been proven factualy incorrect. As far as growth rates, I see little to compare when looking at a start up site verses a long standing site that has been here for years.
Lastly, you seemed to have mixed bragging with someone stating an accomplishment that they are proud of. If you read these posts more carefully, you will see that the membership stats were provided by member LDB, and not Lawrence.
Take your time and relax
Davekc

ATCO

Expert Expediter
Why are you guys jumping on Zing?
If this site is trully, as you say it is, a open forum, then Zing is entitled to his opinion... I did not see any form of Personal bashing or even company bashing in his FIRST post. Am I missing something or is there some underlying plot going on as there sure is a lot of deffence taking place? This post seemed to be a fair question originaly. hmmm, I've been a good guy, and made fair posts, will me asking about this mean, I'm on a "to watch" list too?

-Joe Bohannon
Bakersfield, CA
Wannabe

The Gibster

Expert Expediter
Zingfu wrote:
"Then i make a comment on something you power trippers dont like and then, here comes all the negatives ratings. "

Zing, you're still factually wrong. Spewing hatred, unsubstanciated allegations and slanderours statements is not an acurate statement of facts. WE ALL respect your' opinion however, don't expect any of us to share in your attacks.

Want to discuss an issue, great. But park your ego at the door! Will you at least respect the other forum members who want to keep this an open exchange of ideas for everyones help?

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
ATCO wrote;

Why are you guys jumping on Zing?
If this site is trully, as you say it is, a open forum, then Zing is entitled to his opinion... I did not see any form of Personal bashing or even company bashing in his FIRST post. Am I missing something or is there some underlying plot going on as there sure is a lot of deffence taking place? This post seemed to be a fair question originaly

You are correct in that he is entitled to his opinion. When presented with the facts, Zing decided to take it personally. Instead of questioning a post, he decided on a personal attack.
"The almighty Lawrence" ....you say that is not a personal attack?
What would you call it? an invitation to a party?
The guy (Zing) has proven his worth, I see little reason to defend it.

ATCO wrote
This post seemed to be a fair question originaly

You answered your own question.
Yes originally, and it was posted by Snipervictim, not Zing
Then he (Zing) took it to a personal level when proven wrong
Davekc