Is there something for expeditors like getloaded?

Frappini

Expert Expediter
Where i can find my own loads? I have been finding loads for a friend of mine that is a o/o with a semi. but i heard there is a place on this site some place where i can do that also? i don't care if i got to pay a $50 fee a month or so. as long as i get it! if so please do tell me.

David.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
RE: Is there something for expeditors like getload

I've looked at the demo a few times. They seem to be basically another version of getloaded.com with most of their LTL's being too heavy even for a D unit. Does anyone know if the demo shows everything available? That's the only thing I can think of that might make it a good option if it has more than the demo shows.

Leo
truck 4958

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member

You have to be in there Verified Carriers program if you want to get any expedite loads from them. They verify your DOT status, authority and insurance.

Good luck.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Education is the best defense against the media.

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

merkurfan

Expert Expediter

They are not worth the 35 bucks. I gave them 4 months, we had a 5 star account (verified dot and what not) what few expedited loads did show up that a D unit could take where offering less than 1 dollar per mile, I think in 4 months I counted 5 total. Tractor Trailer loads where not much better. The general freight board is the same stuff you can find on free/cheaper sites. We have got more loads off getloaded.com than expediteloads.com, and that is not saying much.

It's near impossiable to cancel with them. They never returned a phone call or a e-mail. So when the billing cycle came I just emptied my checking account so the charge was declined. That got them to call.

The problem with expeditied frieght and load boards is that the shipper wants it off their dock, and they want it off the dock NOW and rarely has the time to wait for someone to respond on a load board. They tipically just call Panther/fedex cc/insert company name here and get rid of it no matter what it costs to send it on it's way.

The tick is making shipper aware of you, and keeping you in their mind the next time something has to go asap. We've printed up girly calinders (sorry ladies, but the guys in shipping sure look at them) rolidex cards, business cards, pens, mouse pads just about anything that would be on the desk to remind them of us. We also stop by from time to time to chit-chat and feed the higher ups (lunch will get you work quiet a bit) the problem lately for us, is all of our customers have been slow and thus have not needed expedited services. We'll do LTL loads for them if we can come up with enough to fill a D and make it profitable for the driver but even that has become diffecult lately. They still like it when I show up and buy lunch though... Go figure.

Tom Robertson

Veteran Expediter

I tried expediteloads.com a couple of years ago... same reults as Mercurfan...no loads worth handling.

In addition they continued to charge me after cancelling the service.

Finally had to contact American Express, provide proof in writing that I had cancelled the service, and then acually had to change my American Express card number to stop them from charging me monthly.
These guys were a nightmare... stay away!

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter

A very good friend of mine went thru training at the X with him now has his own Authority. He is doing quite well and also is able to post his location and other companies call him now. Need lots of insurance, and the paperwork is daunting.
You cannot at least I do not know how without getting your own Authority, to take any loads.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

This is one of the advantages of being with a company that will allow you to find broker freight and use their authority.In addition, with reasonable fleet insurance you can't go wrong if you know what you are bidding on and your company handles the paperwork and collections for a reasonable percentage.
Davekc
owner
20 years

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member

Dave,

From my hands-on experience with "brokered freight" I would have to say it's the least profitable way to go. Besides below “LTL” rates – many times you have to play “collections” and chase down your money.
Not to mention running your truck.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Education is the best defense against the media.

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

I would agree that it is only profitable under the right circumstances. It is used generally to get out of an area or a situation where multiple shipments justify the cost of doing it.
Most LTL loads pay under a dollar mile. It does pay more than company deadhead. Especially if you can get 2 or 3 shipments on, and going the same direction.LTL doesn't have truck exclusitivity. Many times this strategy has paid better than standard expedite rates. In our case, Panther handles all paperwork and collections for 15 percent of the gross. Very reasonable. If you where doing the paperwork and the collections yourself, it wouldn't be worth it.
We over the years have developed some relationships with certain brokers and they have been good for us. It does initially take time to develop these relationships but they do keep your truck running consistently. Even in the slow periods. Using this practice we have had very little DH.
I would not recommend this for someone new until they understand what is involved and understand what it costs to run their truck. These types of loads have to be bid on correctly, negoitiating the correct rate, and knowing exactly what your truck can carry and what it can't. Panther has a dept. for this and can educate the new folks and hopefully take out some of the first stings.
Of course you wouldn't need to do this east of the Mississippi, but anywhere west of that, it is a valuable tool. All to often expedite trucks go to California for example, only to sit out there for a week or deadheading back. This takes care of that. You might also encounter an area like Dallas that has numerous trucks already there. This again keeps the truck moving profitably to another area rather than just sitting behind several other trucks that are waiting on loads as well.
Davekc
owner
20 years