is it slowing down

jrj337

Seasoned Expediter
Im in Dallas Tx unloaded on monday morning, still sitting 3 days never sat this long before.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Man I searched a couple of boards for loads and the closest thing to dallas right now is 10,000 pounds in Houston going to Orlando. I doubt it will be that good but I can check.

romoore245

Expert Expediter
We delivered in Dallas Tuesday morning and were sixth on the board. So we started towards Houston, had a load offer within the hour. Now we are stuck in TN. Good Luck

NoProblem

Expert Expediter
Nope! it's picking WAY up!

Make hay while the sun shines - yehaaa!

Strap in 'cause here we go!

Now till just before Christmas, REMAIN IN SERVICE - - come the first few weeks of Jan, you'll be glad you did!

BE SAFE!

jwgmover

Expert Expediter
The Dallas curse!! Sitting at the J since Tue. morning.

Guess I'll have to wait out the week now.

Could be worse, I'm not in Laredo or El Paso.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Delivered in Arkansas near Fort Smith on Tuesday morning.

Headed for Memphis. Stayed Tuesday night and moved toward Nashville.

Stayed last night (Wed) just west of Nashville.

Still waiting for that call. I have been #1 on the board since 5pm yesterday.

It seems slower, but as we all know, it only takes one great offer to make your week!:)

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
Sept 30th was the end of the fiscal year for many of the companies we service.....the first week of the new quarter in fiscal accounting and first week of 4th quarter on calendar year always = SLOW. This is one of the 3x a year when Dallas blows....ATlanta is hardly moving etc.

-charlotte

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Rev,
I wish I would of known you were stuck in ft. smith a former employer of mine has a pretty big contract with Lincoln electric motor in Ft. Smith and he usually ends up with more cargo van loads than he can handle. Most go to Little Rock and Memphis. I know that isn't great, but it would've cut down on some of that deadhead.

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
Are you a straight truck or tractor? I had 2 straight trucks arrive on the Dallas board yesterday afternoon. One got a load practically the minute they arrived and the other got a load out this morning.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think it is in certain areas. There was some holiday or something in Dallas last week. GM strike might have had a issue for some as well. We had a truck in Dallas last week, and we brokered out on the day they arrived. Way too many trucks there from just about every expedite company imaginable.

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Same in Nashville.

34 cargo vans competing for....

I did have one offer, but 3028 lbs in a cargo van that is only supposed to carry 3000 lbs max didn't seem like a wise choice to me.

At least it was nice to know folks are thinking about you.

I consider that to be a plus.:)

My friend called me from Buffalo and we are going to pray up a load.

I would appreciate your prayers. Send me am IM and I'll pray for you too!

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Yes so the numbers seem to show....RE: is it slowi

I find statements like below should be taken with a grain of salt.
When deciding whether the economy (and thus the demand for trucks) is slowing the business section of the morning newspaper is good for trends.
My morning rag shows the following headline:
"U.S. factory orders plunge as businesses remain cautious.
Orders to U.S. factories fell in August by the largest amount in seven months. ...
The US Commerce Department said orders dropped by 3.3 per cent even worse than the expected 2.8 percent decline....."

Slowing down or picking up because it's September?
You be the judge.

>Nope! it's picking WAY up!
>
>Make hay while the sun shines - yehaaa!
>
>Strap in 'cause here we go!
>
>Now till just before Christmas, REMAIN IN SERVICE - - come
>the first few weeks of Jan, you'll be glad you did!
>
>BE SAFE!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
>My friend called me from Buffalo and we are going to pray up
>a load.
>
>I would appreciate your prayers. Send me am IM and I'll pray
>for you too!

For prayers of that nature, would it not be wiser to to pray for a winning lottery ticket? If you can gin up one of those, please add me to your list! ;) Sadly, thousands of people pray every day to win the lottery and there are only so many winning tickets to go around.