Is It hot out there??

Falligator

Expert Expediter
And still hot....93 is the current temp here in beautiful Salem, OH...lol. I need some kind of alternate air conditioning source besides my regular a/c and a fan. Any suggestions?

ShawnF
steamin hot o/o
Where's the ice??!

BigBuzd1

Expert Expediter
It was absolutely gorgeous in Stockton, CA. Spent all day Sunday and most of Monday with the wife and my ex high-school girlfriend...and her girlfriend, lounging on the back porch, with our feet in a wading pool that we couldn't keep the dogs out of. Fun times reflecting back on those h/s days almost 20 yrs ago.
4 days later we're now sitting in Ohio...just missed the storm, I'm told.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We recently picked up in Atlanta, where the outside temp was 104F (actual) and delivered in New Hampshire, where it was 52F; exactly half of the pickup temp. For the first time in a couple of weeks, we finally got to spend a night where we did not have to listen to one of three motors running (truck engine, reefer, generator).

marvinkwagner

Not a Member
Sure is Hot and going to get even Hotter Yet. Ya Know I like the
Heat I wonder if My Friends at FEDEX like it as well.

Let go play in the Desert.

IT time to turn up the Heat a bit. past 116 HG LOL dont bother me.

I Havent seen many of the Other Reefer Trucks where I have been.
Then again they most likely are doing the Alaska Thing,

I was told about it, Nice and cool up there this time of year.

A big wig said your owner has to put you in for it
but also mostly they only want owner ops to do that run.

Realy. HMM I guess guys like Rooster, and the Hen House Trucks
get them runs but here is catch 22 They dont own em. Cave MAN
told me he put the Truck in for it. That was 3 months ago.

Still Driven the FLD Freightliner. (The BULL)

Fixed (John Thomas Claytons Truck) CASPER 2 weeks ago while sitting in Ruther Glen as his Under belly air dam was falling apart.

Wait till Cave Man gets that Bill HA HA

Kevin

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The thermometer in my driveway just hit 99 degrees. Don't you just look forward to the advice coming out of the high paid TV Weatherman/woman about what to do about the heat.

. Wear light clothing,gee I usually wear a black parka when it's hot

Drink plenty of water, thats certainly useful information

Stay indoors in A/C. Man I forgot to turn off my furnace this summer

Make sure your windows and doors are shut, now thats really useful.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Got a run to Lugoff, SC from Spencer, OH prob hot down there checking the internet. At least the weather is nicer here today. No wild storms or anything like the one at the Lodi, OH TA... Geez that was a wicked storm for sure....

Be Safe
ShawnF
O/O
Panther
#11997x( ;-)

marvinkwagner

Not a Member
Steve I couldnt find alaska

ha I only led a team all over in the the desert and Med theaters
in the service on land steve. Now go figure.

when the last time you were over seas

thats what i thought

kev

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
Grayling,Mi last two weeks did summer camp only 97 deg but on the mkt for 18 hours a day digital temp was 126.8 deg cooking. mbu burners were butting out over 1,000,000 btus of heat every day..

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Weather dot com says it's 95 here, but feels like 103. How do they figure the "feels like" part? It's only 47% humidity today in sunny central Florida, so that can't be part of it. When it gets in the 90+ humidity, I go hunting for the Sudofed so I can continue breathing.

Drive Safe!

Jeff

Driver for 15 years
O/O for 13 years
OOIDA #829119

[em]"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." --Mark Twain[/em]

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why is it that hot weather in August is major news? In my years on this planet, I would say cool weather in August is a major headline.

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
Been in phoenix az since yesterday morning. Got a load picking up tommarow going to Las Vegas... Dont tell me about heat.... After that i might think about an empty move to #####. I hear its actually colder there then AZ and NV... :+

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
turtle..tried your calculator on that web site....kept getting humidity too low try 40%!!! Humidity is only 20% here!!!! 95 actually feels like 94...!

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Not if you bring your own TREE, and park under it for SHADE. Just remember to move every two hours as the sun goes from E to W. And at night you just stay under it to protect oneself from Moon Rays.\

Got Milk no I meant to say Got A TREE?

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
There ya go Broom. I Think ya finally got it figgured out. A tree.