is it a good deal

maybe_driving

Seasoned Expediter
I looking at a 2000 freightliner has paper work for a reman 3126 engine with 165000 on it and the autoshift has been rebuilt in 12/05 has a rigmaster with 2000 hours on it bentz sleeper ran by a husband&wife team. want 20000.00

WWW.Packing.org
ooida#811397

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Hard to tell. The engine would have 35,000 left on the warranty assuming it is a two year You will have to pay something to have that transferred. Additionally, you don't mention the total vehicle milage. Remember, everything else has that higher milage on it.
If everything else looks good, go have it dynoed and fluid samples taken.
Then I would say the price isn't too bad.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

maybe_driving

Seasoned Expediter
was told the warranty was out at 150000 so that is out it has total of about 630,000 crawled under and over with a light did not see any thing leaking just normal dirtthanks for info on samples
WWW.Packing.org
ooida#811397

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I wasn't referring to anything leaking per se. I would have a oil, coolant, and tranny fluid sent to a lab. That way you know what it is doing internally. Money well spent if the warranty has ran out.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
>I looking at a 2000 freightliner has paper work for a reman
>3126 engine with 165000 on it and the autoshift has been
>rebuilt in 12/05 has a rigmaster with 2000 hours on it bentz
>sleeper ran by a husband&wife team. want 20000.00
>
>
>WWW.Packing.org
> ooida#811397

WWW.packing.org - very interesting . I thought you were a moving company :) . What are your plans for this truck ? Have you asked carriers if they will contract a 7 year old vehicle ?

rollnthunder

Expert Expediter
Not true about the nickel and dime.Its all about how it was taken care of and maintained.I bought a 2000 Freightliner but the previous owner maintained it very well.I have a complete folder with mileage,who repaired it and what was done.This was done since it was almost new (50,000 miles).The only thing i had to do since i bought it was frot shoes mine had some stress cracks that i didnt like so i replaced and then i just put a new Air dryer on.So in a year i put $500 in parts.Not including the normal oil,fuel and air filter stuff.And it has 588,000 miles.

joker

Expert Expediter
run as fast as you can from that truck. 3126 is a piece of junk.
Find an 8.3L Cummins with low miles and you'll be glad you did.