Is Bankrupt in future for A SC company

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I don't see this situation any different than GM. They are barrowing left and right, certainly haven't paid all their creditors, delayed or won't/can't pay their bondholders.
Now, should all the TV networks refuse to let them advertise?
Same situation here unless there is something criminal.
Not seeing it here.

gjmcclain

Not a Member
Hawk -

As a moderator for this site I would think that what this site does or does not do would be a concern to you as it reflects on you.

What comes out of this matter with the NC carrier will be known as time goes by and like you said I brought it up and its time to see what develops from this point on.

I would hope their management team would be booted out the door and someone who actually cares about the owner-operators would be brought in.

The owner-operator, carrier and shippers are like a fence, each is a fence post connected to one another by the fence. Without one there is no reason for the other - and the sooner we all notice that the better.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hawk -

As a moderator for this site I would think that what this site does or does not do would be a concern to you as it reflects on you.
Read his previous posts concerning this topic.

What comes out of this matter with the NC carrier will be known as time goes by and like you said I brought it up and its time to see what develops from this point on.
Well then why not wait a bit before you toss it into the stop bath?

I would hope their management team would be booted out the door and someone who actually cares about the owner-operators would be brought in.
That could be the problem! At least in short term view. Someone in management that cares about O/O's may be considered a genital wart in these, in these, trying times?
[/QUOTE]

The owner-operator, carrier and shippers are like a fence, each is a fence post connected to one another by the fence. Without one there is no reason for the other - and the sooner we all notice that the better.
Yea the O/O could be like a fence. Or the O/O could be like a tampon, the string attached etc. But bad analogies are like a river that drowns the tender reed. Or a razor that leaves your soul to bleed.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
But bad analogies are like a river that drowns the tender reed. Or a razor that leaves your soul to bleed.

Wow... I'm imagining Bette Midler bringing the house to tears, singing that as her encore.

But, ya know, clever analogies can make an average person sound so, ahhh, almost enlightened?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks Kim! Who ever wrote that song should probably be shot. But when it comes to bad analogies that song came to mind first.

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
I worked for a NC company and it was my final stop in expediting. Today the qualcom comes out and the truck is parked until sold. I just added pictures to my truck for sale ad.
I am going back to hauling things people can't give up like toilet paper.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Most of the accusations posted here are just that, accusations. Unless or until fraud is proven, unless or until some action has been adjudicated, it's all just he-said, he-said. And you're advocating that EO pull their ads on hearsay? And yes, the insurance issue and authority revocation is one that you're pummeling to death. OK, fine, so it's a major issue with you. Good luck with that, 'cause no one else cares.

Very well said.

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
I got a reply for my truck ad on EO that sounds a little fishy. It is from someone at Pink Cross LLC in Dubai U.A.E. The buyer a little too eager to buy a truck based on 3 pictures and ship it to the other side of the world through his shipping company
MOHAMMED CLEARING AND FORWARDING/SHIPPING

aileron

Expert Expediter
I got a reply for my truck ad on EO that sounds a little fishy. It is from someone at Pink Cross LLC in Dubai U.A.E. The buyer a little too eager to buy a truck based on 3 pictures and ship it to the other side of the world through his shipping company
MOHAMMED CLEARING AND FORWARDING/SHIPPING

And probably he would want to have your bank account so he can wire the money directly to you or send you a money order for more than your asking price and you give him the extra....
Yeah, very original.