IPhone

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Okay - this has to be the most advanced, hip and practical cell Phone, PDA, Gizmo, thingy to hit since the Ipod.

Your thoughts?

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

http://www.sciam.com/media/external...01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_TECH-APPLE-MACWORLD-DC.jpg

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Music soothes the savage beast - unless it's polka.

Going to church makes you a Christian about as much as standing in the garage makes you a car

You can build a man a fire and keep him warm for a day or you can set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

ACHTUNG!!! Das machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfuseen und corkenpoppen mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch das blinkenlights

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I wonder if that explains why my teenage daughter is suddenly very unhappy with her phone, & claims it's not working properly? ;) I wouldn't want one, the cellphone is too small to use the internet, IMO.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
You know my 14 year old said the same thing! I suggested he start saving now - at $500 a phone, daddy-o isn't paying for it.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Music soothes the savage beast - unless it's polka.

Going to church makes you a Christian about as much as standing in the garage makes you a car

You can build a man a fire and keep him warm for a day or you can set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.

ACHTUNG!!! Das machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfuseen und corkenpoppen mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch das blinkenlights

Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's visually impressive but I'd rather have an Ipaq and cell phone. For the same money it would be a lot more functionality. The new Ipaq's and similar devices are powerful computers that arguably could replace a laptop, at least power and performance wise. It also wouldn't leash you to Cingular, although over time that could change. At $199 or less for the smaller one it might possibly hold some temptation but not at stated prices.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As it is, I wear my reading glasses to look at my laptop screen. I can't imagine hangin' 10 on the web using something hand held.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Now it's all about how many features you can pack into a small package. which phone is 'trendy' changes every month.

A few months ago, the Razr was the ultimate phone. Now it's the Chocolate, and the Envy series. I still plan to get a Razr or Katana (Sprint's version), not for the trendy, but just because I like them. I do use my phone for internet browsing on some sites, mostly to check EO headlines, news, and some email. I'd like the bigger screen of the Razr, or Samsung A900.

But, I just broke down and bought a new laptop that's bluetooth enabled, so I might go for one of the PDA types for easy sync.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

"You cannot tailor make the situations in life, but you can tailor make the attitudes to fit those situations before they arise."
Zig Ziglar

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
It looks very interesting. The fact that it runs MacOS X makes me wonder to what degree it will be able to run non-included OS X applications eventually ...... and whether Apple will open it up so that the user can load them on. Supposedly it is a closed platform and currently there is no developer kit for it ...... but Apple is inviting developers to contact Developer Relations if they want to develop for it ... so it's not like they've totally closeed the door.

Didn't see any data on what processor it's running ....

The 2.0 megapixel camera seems nice ..... the dinky pics I get on my Sony Erricson T616 are near worthless.

Touchscreen keyboard might be nice ... depending on how it's implemented,

Some other nice features (.... Advanced Sensors)

Given Apple's successful history with the iPod I wouldn't be surprised to see it be a hit.