iOS7 update

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I have seen a lot of complaints about it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Hater. lol!

4ygatypa.jpg

sent from my Galaxy S3

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For years I wondered why I ever had children. Then I got caught up in the computer/cell phone thing and had an epiphany. I have kids so they can help me with this technical stuff. It was my daughter that called me about iOS7 and she walked me through installing it.

I like iOS7. I was concerned it would be a drastic change technically, something I don't handle very well, like Windows 8. But it wasn't drastic. Much of it is cosmetic, which is fine with me. One thing I found almost immediately was I couldn't close apps. I called my daughter back and she talked me through that one. Thank you Murray for the link to the iOS7 tips. Maybe I can teach my daughter a few things now.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You can't use "unauthorized" $5 Lightening cables to charge the phone with iOS7. Has to be the genuine $27 version.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can call my daughter or trust me. Go to Settings, scroll down to General and open it. Then look for Software Updates. It took my iPhone 4 almost an hour to down load. You may want to do this with the power corded connected to a power source.

Last edited:

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Really u have to use a genuine apple cable, that's almost as bad as my hp printer which expires good full ink cartridges just because I don't use color very often and requires them to be replaced just to print black!

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Downloading the update now for my wife's IPhone 4. We'll see how this goes :) Had to have a WiFi connection in order to download. Estimated to take about an hour. Wish us luck.

I'm a former network / system administrator and this new technology stuff still makes me nervous!