Insurance

BigDiesel

Expert Expediter
I was talking with a company today for Van trips and they told me I have to have 3,000,000 in Insurance how much will this cost and do you figure it in per run? If you do minus it plus the fuel and whatever else you deduct what final CPM should I be at so I know if I should make a counter offer. I mean he sent me some sample runs that were running today and when I did the math it seemed pretty good, even considering the DH miles to get there, but what number should i be shooting for per mile when its all said and done?? Also lets hear from your STr8 guys too as Iam not sure but I might go that route too. Thanks in advance.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There's no way to answer your inquiry without more information. You need to know your approximate annual miles to calculate a cost per mile driven. You should only need $1M of insurance. If you look around you'll find a spreadsheet that will help you put it all together. I believe www.partners-in-business.com is one of the websites to get it from. Getting that and working with it will be a good starting point for you. Good luck to you.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

BigDiesel

Expert Expediter
Ok maybe I got that part wrong about the coverage i went back and read the info it is 1,000,000 I saw a term for 300,000 and thought it was 3 Mil. , but how about the numbers, or is this one of those coveted secrets no one talks about??.......LOL

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Look for the spreadsheet I mentioned as well as figuring out your annual mileage. That will all plug in to give you numbers.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB

BigDiesel

Expert Expediter
Leo, I went to that site it was a advertisement for some course you had to buy ,I never saw a spreadsheet??

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It may be on www.ooida.com website.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
the web site for partners in business is not a course, unless you want to take it. Order the Book, it should be free to all drivers,
the charts are not available to you online You have to order the book for those.

Frank

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
As much as I see OOIDA as a good thing for us, their insurance is outrageous. Use google and look up trucking insurance. I recommend Great West Casualty. Panther uses them, and they have pretty good service. Check out Transport Insurance Agency in Sylvania, Ohio. They sell Great West, and have the best rate I've seen for my truck.

www.4tia.com