Insurance... Who has the best deal?

merkurfan

Expert Expediter
I have been running my truck under my dealership insurance and can not do that forever. When I call around most either say my truck is to big for their company, or to small, or that they only do instate or reginal insurance. Who will write a policy to cover a 26000-56000 pound straight truck? nation wide?

I also have a Ford van that I want to haul hazmat with, however, insurance agents scatter like rats when you mention hazmat, any leads to a company there?

merkurfan

Expert Expediter
Carrier won't cover it. It's a small company that seems to want to stay small. I am looking for a new carrier but my truck is older than most will sign and I don't have the capital to replace it just yet.

Great Western's agent has yet to call me back but when I spoke with them on friday they would cover it, but didn't know a price..

I really should join ooida...

aardvarkman

Expert Expediter
yes you should join ooida - as should all others. it is a great group. i became a life member this year. the way to be heard is in numbers. a lot of great info is available from them in the magazine they send out. good luck getting good insurance cheap.

merkurfan

Expert Expediter
Member 711443 since 01/05

Joined panther March 23ed.. already forgot the previous carriers name..
They ran me hard at the previous carrier so I could buy my own truck. 1 week after I bought it they turned the switch off and kept feeding company trucks.. The truck now sits in my driveway (and on ebay :) ) and I am running my cargo van.