Insta-Fleet Owner?

guido4475

Not a Member
And most likely the only carriers that would put something on that old would be some smaller ones, or if it passed Landstars dot inspection, maybe there.Might be good local delivery trucks once they are straightened out.

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
if 12k for all 6 it b a good deal but i bet 12k each the add a nother 7 to 15 k each then it's not that good

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow.. and a brand new member knows our OLD members well!

Sigh.

Dale

Come on Dale lighten up...*LOL*

You know, as I know, as most active members know and "Lurkers" know, Greg will comment on almost 99% of every post..*LOL*

As a matter of fact, so might I...but I can laugh at myself...*lol*

Desperado

Seasoned Expediter
What ever happened to them? i talked with them once and decided real fast they would be bad to work for

flatbedjones

Not a Member
...but I can laugh at myself..

You've given many the chuckles. :):)

"TUDE" couldn't have nailed that one on the head any better.
hallOfFame.jpg

Still crackin' up every time I think of it.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
wrong get your facts

Maybe you might want to explain. Your ad or your girlfriends ad says,
I HAVE 6 TRUCKS FOR SALE $12,000.O0 FOR ALL 6!!! GETTING OUT OF THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY

I believe that is as factual as one can get unless you personally are just doing a solo gig.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Could be a good deal, I guess. Regardless, those are exactly the kinds of trucks i'd be interested in turning drivers loose with. Until they proved themselves.

However, i'm convinced they would sit in the yard, cause, they dont have showzers, torlets, an they ain't got ten foot campers or tousand dollah seats.

But, help yousefs, you fleet owners or wanna bees, jump right in an git yer feets wet.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Regardless, those are exactly the kinds of trucks i'd be interested in turning drivers loose with. Until they proved themselves.

ya mean disposable? :)

Considering their age and they were fleet driven and they are Freightshakers after all.....looking at all the listed repairs it would take roughly another 20 thou to get them rolling...maybe more...and then finding drivers and not wheel holders...AND their age alone they won't qualify for most of the bigger carriers....not that that is a bad thing really...*L*

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Depends. Depends on how they feel about themselves and their equipment and their livlihood. Disposable? At that price, they boff could be.