Info on Tri-State,Can you help?

Gaskilltx

Expert Expediter
I am thinking of leasing on to Tri-state with a tractor.Do they have the freight?Can they keep you busy?Is the $1.45 a mile realistic?or just eye candy for the recruiting department?I would like some input so I can make an informed decision.

NEVERHOME247

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
They were paying a $1.56 a mile for tractors. But may have changed. I just pulled my truck off from there. However I ran a d-unit. I can,t really say how well the tractors do. But I can tell you there freight has dropped off big time. And people are quiting left and right. I would talk to some other drivers. But if you want my opinion. I wouldn't lease on. Especially if you are running solo.

the federation

Expert Expediter
hi I am a newbie that was seriously considring Tri-State. so what happened and where is everyone going to. i will be starting out single and it seems as though everyone recomending against that. help

Gaskilltx

Expert Expediter
I would like to hear from O/O with E units leased on to TRI-STATE.I would like to know how the tractor's are treated.What is the primary operating area? Any freight to and from Texas. Tri-State is telling me they "are big in texas","a ton of freight in Texas"???? What are the Approx. deducts from TRI-STATE for the month?(Qualcomm,Ins.,Etc,etc)

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
From what I have heard, there is alot going on there. They lost there exclusitivity on GM. Small one pallet loads are going to air frieght. Not good if you own a van. Teams will always do better. All of the rest of GM expedite loads are going on the internet for bids. I heard Panther was trying to do GM loads @.90 a mile. Not sure how that would work paying the driver $1.20 a mile. We have been doing alright but not many GM loads. We have a team. Are biggest complaint is there milage caculations are generally 10 to 15 percent off. Of course in their favor. There milage is generally aircraft miles, not road miles. Hope this helps.

winemaker3279

Expert Expediter
OK, might be a dumb question here. Where on the internet is GM posting these bids? I have no experience in this industry and I'm still not quite sure how all these companies come across loads. And, why do people lease on with a company if it is possible to get the loads yourself on the internet?

The best defense is a good offense...thank GOD I'm offensive!!!