Info on Bolt Express

HoboOfTheHwy

Expert Expediter
I have been looking at Bolt Express,can someone tell me about them,where they run,if they carry Hazmat,if their vans,and straight trucks keep busy ? Thank you : )

Freedom isn't free ! Just ask any soldier !

dpea9

Expert Expediter
>I have been looking at Bolt Express,can someone tell me
>about them,where they run,if they carry Hazmat,if their
>vans,and straight trucks keep busy ? Thank you : )
>
>
>
>
>Freedom isn't free ! Just ask any soldier !

No hazmat with Bolt. I believe whitewolf53 drives a D-unit for them.
Dan

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There have been a number of threads on Bolt. Click search in the main forum window and do a search for bolt. That should give you a lot of info on them and help you figure out more specifics to ask about. Also, get to the expo this weekend if you can and talk to them there.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Jacob

Seasoned Expediter
Bolt Express does not run any hazmat. Their "core" area is OH, MI, IN, IL, PA, KY, TN, WI, WV, W-NY, W-PA. They do run 48states & ON/PQ. TX, GA, KS, MO, MN & AL are frequent "out of core" places. It's a small company with a small, but very professional operations team. In terms of keeping busy, it largely boils down to availability & acceptance. When i was dispatching there, I could book cargo vans 3000+mi weeks, but the overall pay-out (incl. FSC) was $0.65-75 a mile. They can keep you moving, but you can not expect to keep top dollar all the time. It's a small company and they have to under-bid Panther, ASAP, Express1, TriState & such. I don't know how the meger will affect them, but they booked a lot of loads from Conway's brokerage. They also subscribe to Panther's brokerage.

Call Recuiting. I saw an annoucement about new pay packages that may be beneficial. 800-545-4789

creekindian33

Expert Expediter
bolt told me on a straight trucks were making 4 to 6 per week on team driving panther will probaly pay that for the first 3 months if u r a fleet owner ur good whith panther but if u r not i whould look around after the third month:p :p

heel4you

Expert Expediter
creekindian33,
What do you mean when you said "4 to 6 per week on team driving"? Is this miles or pay? And also, who and when did you receive this information? Just curious.
Thanks!!