Indianapolis Flying Jburns!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now be nice to Eddie .... next you will say he has been Pantherized ......:p
PS... i went by exit 4 the other day .... the J is still burn't down.....
you think its just like toast and you scrape the burnt off and everythings better>,,,,LOL

Nice? I know...Eddie's got this.....:p

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've bought the new 2016 truckstop book. I'm finding and seeing more mom and pop truckstop to go to and to hang out at if there's no PFJ or TA/Petro around. And they have better food.
I use an app called trucker path... great app it shows. almost every truck stop and walmarts as well as services.

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
Has anyone heard what really started the Flying J fire? Was it Denny's or dryer lint or what?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Has anyone heard what really started the Flying J fire? Was it Denny's or dryer lint or what?
The fire started at, on, or in the grease barrels out back of the Denny's. Those grease barrels usually have spilled grease on the outside of the barrels and on the ground, so the fire could have started outside and then moved into the barrels themselves. The cause is still under investigation by the fire department, but at least two witnesses said they thought a stray cigarette may have ignited the grease. Employees of the Flying J initially tried to put out the fire with fire extinguishers, and when that failed they evacuated the building. The high winds made extinguishing the fire to difficult, and caused the fire to spread to the building. The fuel pumps and tanks were not damaged, but will obviously remain shut down. 200 truck parking spaces. 2000 trucks fueled there daily. Fire officials doubled the damage estimate to $4 million, with $3 million for the structure and $1 million in inventory and equipment.

Flying J.PNG

Hamman77

Active Expediter
Driver
I can see how a disgarded cigarette could ignite the grease container. Then have the winds spread the flames. Just great full, only thing lost was building and contense. This things can be replaced.

Reactions: Turtle