Im thinkin of placing my dog carrier in to the floor of my van

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Someone just changed the title of this thread......
You could see it coming. I mean, the thread suddenly turned unproductive, and when you combine that with being devoid of a sense of humor and having an insatiable need to control others, it was inevitable. Well, it could have been locked, of course, but there are unavoidable, sticky reasons why it wasn't. Yet there's still that deep-seeded need to control, so the next best thing to all-out squashing the silliness of unproductive humor in the Loading Dock is to merely treat us like we're all just stupid. And you know how I love a good irony. :D

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Well, I think we've crossed new ground here: having the actual content and words of one's posts altered, changed ...... revised if you will.

...... and the hits jus' keep on comin' ...... :rolleyes:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A reminder to all, these forums are meant to be readable by 10 year old children and/or grandchildren of forum members. You are pushing the adult content with this one. And to whoever edited the title, bolting would have been my choice since 1. it fits better syntactically and 2. in case it's a for real thread it should hold stonger/tighter than just screws would.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm thinkin of nailing my dog walker on the floor of my van

A reminder to all, these forums are meant to be readable by 10 year old children and/or grandchildren of forum members.
Meant to be? Really? Meant to be? I've read the TOUA, every word of it, and the Code of Conduct, every word of it, and I cannot find that reference anywhere. You have to be thirteen in order to even register. In any case, I really have a hard time wrapping my brain around the notion that a Web site for people in, or learning about the expediting industry, an industry which generally requires that one be 21 years old to even enter into, would have these forums designed to be read by minors, much less children as young as 10 years old. A 10 year old reading level, perhaps, but not 10 years old. No, we're all adults here (well, except for Doug).

You are pushing the adult content with this one.
At most, the adult content in this thread is on a 10 year old level, so we're good to go.

Back to the semi-important stuff...

It doesn't take all that much to change the title of a thread, actually. It just depends on who did it, and why. I'm 99.93% sure who did it, and 97.98% sure why. My comments may appear to be directed towards someone specific, or at least someone with a particular title, but rest assured they are not. They are directed towards anyone who thinks they know better.

Generally speaking, changing the content of a thread's Subject Line is something that should never be done on a Web (or Usenet) forum, as when you do that it literally begins a new thread. It can have a significant impact depending on an individual's "view" settings, the server's default settings, and later on with a domino effect with search and retrieval of messages and topics. So, when someone tries to be cute, or for their own selfish reasons, changes a subject line, they have the satisfaction of instant gratification, but do not consider the long term effects it might have on the forum in general, nor on the other members. It's changing lanes without signaling, because the only thing that matters is you and in your getting what you want without regard to others around you.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A reminder to all, these forums are meant to be readable by 10 year old children and/or grandchildren of forum members.

Most 10 year old children would probably interpret "screwing" literally, as in fastening. They have their own slang for sex acts.

One could read much more into the new title "I'm Thinking About Nailing My Dog..." But I won't go there.

At one point in my trucking career I did inter-modal work. I hauled containers and piggyback trailers. The piggyback trailers, owned by railroads and leasing companies were referred to as "pigs." It was common to hear my dispatcher say "hookup to that pig and roll."

Kids today use the term "hookup" as a synonym for a threaded fastener.

If you are into double entendres, Turtle did a great piece on this subject involving CB radio talk.

Enough of this sexual innuendo and bestiality. It appears that this thread and several others over the past few days are the work of the Merry Pranksters directed by Richard Cranium.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I see the thread title got changed again.

The following is an excerpt from Turtle's Brokeback Mountain CB Theater:

And if you ever get really bored with the mindless, routine chatter, just pretend you're listening to the soundtrack of Brokeback Mountain.

Slide that right on in here.
You got it there, big truck.
That's a pretty Pete.
Come on, JB. Come on, come one, come on!
I think I got a bad hose. Must have froze up on me.
Are you still back there?
Hurry up. Get up and stand on it!
****it boy!
'preciate it...
...anytime
I ain't got no panties on...
Where's the Screamin' Beacon?!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The forums are for those who expedite, those who are interested in expediting, those who are researching expediting, as well as the families of those who expedite to keep up with what their expediter does in his/her career. It is unlikely that very many young people spend a lot of time on EO. It is certainly possible they spend a little bit of time now and then on EO. Turtle, since you are omniscient, 0.07 being inconsequential, let us all know who did it. I'm curious to know and suspect others are as well.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Based on what has been going on the last few days I'm thinking that Moots quote of "The Tude" is the direction some want the forum to go.

"Embrace the mundane."

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
A reminder to all, these forums are meant to be readable by 10 year old children and/or grandchildren of forum members. You are pushing the adult content with this one. And to whoever edited the title, bolting would have been my choice since 1. it fits better syntactically and 2. in case it's a for real thread it should hold stonger/tighter than just screws would.

Ya mean like entitling a thread "The N word"???

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I feel compelled to start censoring my own posts more carefully. Never sure where the boundaries of good taste begin or end. Yesterday I pulled back 4 or 5 paragraphs about Mrs. Tiger Woods... who I have now dubbed "Tighty-Whitey." Also, I use that term generically (tighty-whitey) for any fine, young babe of the Caucasian persuasion. (I know. I know... she married a Black/Polynesian, but the point being if she's white and tight... she's a "tighty-whitey."

Well, the ensuing dream sequence had the potential for a good read. But, I decided to prematurely evacuate the whole notion of sharing.

Disclaimer: the term "tight" is an innocuous euphemism for extremely physically fit person( see Carrie Prejean). No offense is intended. Is anyone offended?

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I feel compelled to start censoring my own posts more carefully. Never sure where the boundaries of good taste begin or end. Yesterday I pulled back 4 or 5 paragraphs about Mrs. Tiger Woods... who I have now dubbed "Tighty-Whitey." Also, I use that term generically (tighty-whitey) for any fine, young babe of the Caucasian persuasion. (I know. I know... she married a Black/Polynesian, but the point being if she's white and tight... she's a "tighty-whitey."

Well, the ensuing dream sequence had the potential for a good read. But, I decided to prematurely evacuate the whole notion of sharing.

Disclaimer: the term "tight" is an innocuous euphemism for extremely physically fit person( see Carrie Prejean). No offense is intended. Is anyone offended?

My ten year old is perplexed, but not offended.:rolleyes:

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Well, I think we've crossed new ground here: having the actual content and words of one's posts altered, changed ...... revised if you will.

...... and the hits jus' keep on comin' ...... :rolleyes:

I'm glad that they changed the name of the thread and moved it over into the loading dock forum. There is no reason why anyone would ask such a question in the general expedite forum. And whether or not the new poster is a cerain old poster lookig to cause chaos in a more simple, innocent, and subtle fashion; the title of the thread was worded in a way that might provoke or attract unnecessary attantion.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I'm glad that they changed the name of the thread and moved it over into the loading dock forum.
Really ?

You like the idea of people altering and sanitizing what you have written ?

You know, it would be really handy if there were a comprehensive list of words somewhere accessible to members that are verboten - and even examples of contexts where certain words in a particular usage are not permitted - since it appears we've now progressed well past the point of George Carlin's "Seven Dirty Words" .....

Of course, providing such would defeat the purpose of making them just disappear I suppose .... :rolleyes:

There is no reason why anyone would ask such a question in the general expedite forum.
You are absolutely correct - the proper forum would have been Truck Talk since it dealt with a vehicle - provided that the question was actually a sincere one, which I somehow suspect it was not. Instead it's now in the Loading Dock (which might say something about how it was viewed by whoever moved it here)

Seriously, I don't know how the post appeared in anyone else's browser, but in mine it looked as though it was calculated so that "Im thinkin of screwing my dog ..." showed up on the main forum page when the thread was the most recent in the particular forum that it was posted in.

What might have been an interesting experiment would have been to let it go and see how many times the OP would have followed up to raise it to the level of "most recent post" - as it was, he posted 3 additional times within a fairly short period of time.

And whether or not the new poster is a certain old poster looking to cause chaos in a more simple, innocent, and subtle fashion; the title of the thread was worded in a way that might provoke or attract unnecessary attantion.
Simple and subtle perhaps ..... innocent ? ..... not a chance. The OP does get points for being somewhat inventive I suppose, and it was kinda funny .... but it wasn't a Moot Gut-Buster™ .... not even close.

BTW Bliz - I do agree with you - I found the post titles fairly odd (as well as the posts themselves), and I would say that your guess as to the identity of the poster probably has a fairly good chance of being correct (based on past historical events)

And if it's not him, I really have no guess who the only other individual who it could possibly be is ......

Nor do I have any real idea where this individual might be domiciled .....

But I am really, really curious as to how someone (who isn't a moderator, nor an EO administrator) would have any actual insight (rather than mere suspicions) into such matters.

Perhaps aristotle will enlighten us ..... :rolleyes:

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
I must be the only innocent person here... I knew exactly what the poster was referring to when they said they were going to screw their carrier to the floor... No dirty images popped into my head or any other strange things.. just a dog cage with METAL
SCREWS being placed to hold object to floor... LOL>.. come on now.. get your heads out of the gutter.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I must be the only innocent person here... I knew exactly what the poster was referring to when they said they were going to screw their carrier to the floor... No dirty images popped into my head or any other strange things.. just a dog cage with METAL
SCREWS being placed to hold object to floor... LOL>.. come on now.. get your heads out of the gutter.

That's because us drivers have all this time to think about things like this LOL:rolleyes: