I'm going to kind of miss working from home

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I've enjoyed working from home, but the time has come to move on. Starting in the new space tomorrow morning with three people, dispatchers to move in when the cubicles are installed in a couple weeks. Anyway, my little corner office isn't bad.

aa00c68845ab7c3b81dcb185bd5f33eb.jpg
[/URL]

paullud

Veteran Expediter
1500 square foot office and 2000 square foot warehouse with one truck dock.

Nice. Are you getting into the warehousing/cross docking business or will it be just for your company?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Nice. Are you getting into the warehousing/cross docking business or will it be just for your company?

We're definitely going to generate as much money as we can from the warehouse. I'm hoping to have a forklift in a week or two.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Congratulations Charles....You've worked hard over the years. Despite what some say about the politics, Its Great to see the American dream is still out there for those that work and persevere....

Best of Luck.....Ken aka OVM.......great.jpg

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Well, I have a very white collar background before I got in this business......and my wife is in the office next to mine.

Uh oh, that's got sexual harassment lawsuit written all over it.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Sorry, Charles!!
Meant to extend congratulations the other day but I was JEALOUS!!!!
You had a several year jump on us and you deserve that big corner office!!
Great job!! I look forward to using you guys for crossdocks (instead of the dreaded R....) until we jump into an office and warehouse.
ENJOY!!!
And remember, small print shops need space!! $9 PSPM!! That's way competitive to print shops.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Sorry, Charles!!
Meant to extend congratulations the other day but I was JEALOUS!!!!
You had a several year jump on us and you deserve that big corner office!!
Great job!! I look forward to using you guys for crossdocks (instead of the dreaded R....) until we jump into an office and warehouse.
ENJOY!!!
And remember, small print shops need space!! $9 PSPM!! That's way competitive to print shops.

I'll let you know when I get the forklift. Should be sometime next week.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Congrats Charles on the big move!!! Age on forklifts aren't the real telling sign. It is all about the hours on them. It is the odometer of forklifts.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I get excited when the guy ON the forklift knows how to operate it.
I load today where I loaded yesterday.
I'll pj it across the parking lot and use the liftgate instead of having the guy attempt using the forklift again.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I get excited when the guy ON the forklift knows how to operate it.
I load today where I loaded yesterday.
I'll pj it across the parking lot and use the liftgate instead of having the guy attempt using the forklift again.

My plan is to have at least one person on each shift trained and certified on the forklift.