I'm Bored: part 2.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Any suggestions, comments or forever hold your peace. What do you do when your bored? EO for me of course! But I also like fishing and sometimes just listening to my radio. Any good places to go here in Mississippi maybe some good restaraunts? I could always go for some good Mexican food:)

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Sittin at the J in Olive Branch, MS. a cloudy 68F and it looks like the rain is going to miss us. Kinda an uneventful evening.:(

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
La Guadalapuna on Summer Ave where I-40 becomes Sam Cooper at the I-240 split is really good. Maybe the best Mexican restaurant in town.

There's an On The Border out at Wolfchase, but that's in Bartlet on the other side of town. They have killer buffalo fajitas.

El Porton on Germantown Parkway in Cordova is excellent. A local favorite for years.

Not Mexican, but one of my favorite places to eat in Memphis is Huey's! Memphis' favorite Blue's, Brews and Burgers. It's awesome. A local favorite. 7 locations. Live blues on the weekends, and there's a couple of locations near Olive Branch, in Southaven and Collierville. They're open late, too,

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Sittin at the J in Olive Branch, MS. a cloudy 68F and it looks like the rain is going to miss us. Kinda an uneventful evening.:(

Go to Tom Lee Park at the river this weekend. The big Memphis in May barbeque fest is going on. All kinds of good eating. After that you can walk up to Beale street for all kinds of blues and everything else.

LSLdriver

Seasoned Expediter
On weekends I play frisbee golf if their is one around where i am sitting. If not its ipod with soothing music like sevendust, mudvayne, ect....and veg out with a good cigar.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
What do you do when your bored?:)

It is very rare for me to experience boredom. When boredom sets in, it lasts only as long as I permit it to, which is not long. Boredom is a negative state of mind, brought on by certain patterns of thought, activity or inactivity. When bored, I simply change my mind by changing my focus or activity.

In cases where boredom sets in and I cannot change my activity, like when Diane is asleep and I am driving my shift two days into a cross-country run, I of course keep driving but change my focus by listening to something different on the radio or iPod, thinking about something else (upcoming events, upcoming pieces for EN or my blog), doing math exercises in my head (dividing the next number I see on a mile marker into the next number I see on a license plate), thinking deeply about a particular characteristic of expediting or trading, focusing on new aspects of familiar routes (geological features not noticed before, architecture of the buildings on route, plants and trees, etc), mentally spec'ing the house we plan to build one day, or even running entertaining and distracting fantasy scenarios through my mind (also known as daydreaming, my current favorite is me being a great NFL quarterback who has a small shop in a strip mall and does nails in the off season).

It does not matter what I am doing when boredom sets in, boredom can be turned off as if with a light switch, simply by focusing on or doing something else.

If you find that not to be the case, it may not be boredom you are feeling. It may be a mood disorder or depression. Those can be dealt with too but with different techniques and resources.

Last edited:

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
Boredom comes and goes for me. I spend a lot of my "sitting" time on my laptop. Between my email, Facebook, the EO forums and my Blog I have a lot to keep me occupied. Sometimes though, such as yesterday, I've done all I can "do" with those things and I'm left sitting and staring at the screen and feeling like it's the slowest and longest day in history. Eventually an idea creeps in for something to do or search for and learn more about online. I never stay "bored" for very long.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
When I'm bored,I call dispatch alot,just to make sure they aren't bored.Mexican in Memphis?For me its exit 12 on I 40,off exit go south to 1st light,left turn,there is strip mall right there on the left.Resturant is in strip mall,also a BBQ resturant there too.Mexican is called Playita Mexicana,authenic,and the best Ive been to in Memphis area.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i would think that if boredom set in why not head to a movie. only about 6 out there i want to see right now and have not.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Yeah, I dropped on the board again, so I am headed for warmer climatology. and it starts with an "F" anyone guess what it is??LMAO Well, thanks for the info, tips and until I post again...."Adios!"

panther_art

Expert Expediter
Do you squidoo? I do it is free easy and you can make a few bucks each month, I make about $20.00 to $30.00 a month Squidoo: Build a Lens: Start Here all you do is make pages of anything that you like to do or what ever and around the 10th of each month they will put money on your paypal account.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
i'm not

I don't get bored, but if I have the time I try to find an art museum. They're always air conditioned. I have membership at one museum, and I use their reciprocal membership to save on admission to other museums across the country.

One of the main benefits of being in a van is the accessibility it gives me. I search the gps for local libraries and parks. Ohio has some awesome metro parks. A stroll around a park sure beats wading through a truck stop parking lot.

At the library I look for the shelf of books that are for sale. Libraries are air conditioned, and they don't run you off if you just want to sit and read. And most libraries have a good selection of dvd's these days. I don't need the internet connections, but I can still plug into ac power while surfing.

eb