If I were CEO@FED-EX

Hammer

Expert Expediter
I would take notice at all the bickering on this web site about the NEWLY acquired expediting company from the contractors who display FED EX advertising on their equipment. The attitude of these contractors would be of HIGH concern of mine. I'm in control of a MULTI-BILLION $ CORP.,and I advertise for package delivery contractors@$60,000 a year in every city, but this EXPEDITING group has GONE BROKE-WHY? I have freight nation wide LTL/Expedite/Truckload/White Glove/CALIBER-UHMMM Its OUR NAME-OUR TRUCKS-OUR CONTRACTORS-AND THIS GROUP "IS FORCED TO SIT"!!!NOBODY CAN AFFORD TO SIT--SOLUTION!!I WOULD CHANGE THAT POLICY-"WHEN ITS SLOW"-- ALLOW THEM TO BACK HAUL LTL FRT. AND ALLOW THEM ON NUMEROUS BOARDS TO HAVE A CHOICE AND RUN "OUR CONTRACTORS" HARD!FIRST IN/OUT@HOME TOO!GET ALL OF MY COMPANY HAPPY!! ITS FED EX's NAME ON THE LINE!! :+

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I belong to a FedEx discussion group on Yahoo. From what I read they aren't exactly happy there either. FedEx Custom Critical drivers arent the only unhappy ones. There is even a webpage some of them started. It used to have the domain fedup.com but that was shut down. The site still exsists though.

And here is a site by disgruntled FedEx Ground workers

city boy

Expert Expediter
Interesting discussion. I am hoping to get into the expedite industry this year. I currently reside in Charleston,SC and own a cargo van that is "contracted" to Fed Ex Home Delivery. I have considered FECC, but after working for the home delivery division as an employee...... whoops, I mean contractor I have a bad taste in my mouth for anything with "FEDEX" on it. The CEO does not care what you think. I thought they would at home delivery, after all, I'm the bread n butter, I do the deliveries. Surely they would look out for me right? Well, there are a bunch of "me" lined up waiting for me to leave to slide right in. They know that so they do not care what I think. If it's the same at FECC, I don't want in.