idlea laws

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
i need to know if the idlea applys if you have a dog in the truck ive heard both ways plus im heading to new jersy tommorrow

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Dunno. Don't idle, and it won't be a problem.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If the dog's name is Dino, is owned by your next door neighbor and it is really a dinosaur, then you are cool in most states. The idlea only applies in New Jersey. Violation of the idlea most certainly will result in death to the owner, person in charge and the pet. Call Fred before you get to Jersey. I'm sure he can help you out of this rubble. Good luck BamBam. When charm and intelligence fail there is always the tire billy. Bam Bam!

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Bam bam,
go to a T/A or where ever that have Idleaire and use that.

Can someone please explain to me why there are more idleaires in Ohio than in Arizona?

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
>Bam bam,
>go to a T/A or where ever that have Idleaire and use that.
>
>Can someone please explain to me why there are more
>idleaires in Ohio than in Arizona?
Bam bam is a company driver and doesn't pay for fuel so idleaire would have to be approved by the truck owner .

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Well, but, maybe. Also, don't you think the Bam has a little responsibility of her own for keeping that puppssy comfy????? Regardless of where she might be at.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
"Bam bam is a company driver and doesn't pay for fuel so idleaire would have to be approved by the truck owner."

Crazy,
We can't determine if she is a company driver or a contractor.

Regaurdless, wouldn't she pay for Idleaire, not the owner if she wanted to keep cool?

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
I'm sure she said the company paid for the fuel . Using idleaire would save the company money but be an extra expense to her . Many carriers have contracts with idleaire . You only pay for the time you use . Depending on the weather you could just run it a couple of hours then shut it down if the temperature cooled . You turn it off and on from inside the truck with a member card or fuel card .

bambam

Seasoned Expediter
i was lucky i only sat there about 4 hours before i was on the run again this time from martztown pa to gaffney sc where i an at now the co i work for had problems with idlea air so we do not use them i perfer to park in the back of the lots near the grass if ther is any so i can take her out more often the truck stop here in Gaffney is great big and lots of grass behind the trucks ill be here for the 4th
Happy 4th of july

god bless and keep rolling

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Anti-Idle Laws?

Sitting here in sunny Ontario California, I thought California had some sort of anti-idling laws?

Almost every truck sitting in the next row has been idling all night long and the guy next to me has been doing the same for the last 4 hours(he has his idleaire in his window) and I had to start my truck up to recharge the batteries and had it idle for 45 minutes.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
RE: Anti-Idle Laws?

>Sitting here in sunny Ontario California, I thought
>California had some sort of anti-idling laws?
>
>Almost every truck sitting in the next row has been idling
>all night long and the guy next to me has been doing the
>same for the last 4 hours(he has his idleaire in his window)
>and I had to start my truck up to recharge the batteries and
>had it idle for 45 minutes.
I've also seen trucks idling while hooked up to idleaire . Best I can figure their company has an idleaire account and they hook up to use the phone , internet , or tv .

greg334

Veteran Expediter

Crazy,

I understand what you are getting at, but these guys are across from me and not hooked up to anything. I am in the last row of the Idleaire services.

Oh to tell you this, I have to idle even hooked up to Idleaire to charge my batteries (drained them this morning leaving the box light on and out came my little generator to get the truck started and an hour idling to charge them up).

slfisher45

Expert Expediter

When I hook up to Idleaire I run a power cord from the Idleaire 110 outlet to my external power plug that switches everything to AC to eliminate the draw on the battery. At least I've never run down my battery.

lisalewis

Seasoned Expediter

If you drain the batteries using Idleaire they have a free battery charger you can borrow.

heel4you

Expert Expediter

Idleaire has trickle chargers that you can use. Just give them your CDL to hold while you use it and you get it back when you return the unit.
Plug the trickle charger in the lighter and plug the charger into the idleair unit ac plug. Works wonderful and have Never run my batteries down.
Laura