Idle aire

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I spent the recent holiday weekend at the Petro in Atlanta. We hooked up to the Idleaire system for the entire weekend. I said yes to it because it was free.

I was amazed! I love it!!! I think I ran the truck long enough to charge the batteries for the entire long weekend (about 2 hours) The internet function is great. I think it is DSL. And I loved the AC power and air conditioning. It even has cable TV.

Everyone I talked to that weekend loved it. I think the company won over a lot of converts. But we all agreed on one thing. The $1.25 an hour has got to go.

It might be one thing if you leave the United States and have to spend a few days in the Peoples Republik of New England where the commisars force you not to idle. It might be a good deal then. I feel they will have to come up with a monthly package before it really takes off.

They got a great product. They just need to market it and price it in a way which people will use it.

Bill

Big Scooter

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Ditto, Wild Bill. It was great fun to play with the IdleAire all weekend, and the comfort factor was real high. But the price is what will send them down the Park N View road if they don't give strong consideration to the Math. Most drivers can only afford a night of that per week. I asked their onsite service people about this and was told that IdleAire offers a fleet rate for subscribers that can reduce the cost. Did you know that this project received government funding?

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Scooter,

No I didn't know that. I am not suprized. The goverment is doing a lot of funding for cleaner air..etc

I heard about the fleet discounts. The way it works is: Regualr hourly rate is $1.50 with fleet discount it is $1.25

I remember when PNV first came out. They tried to do charge hourly. It wasn't long until they came up with a monthly "Package".

I realize this system,labor, equipment is expensive. But good old capitalism dictates it has to be something people can afford and want to use. They have the want to use part nailed. Now they just have to get price in line. Instead of $30.00 a day that needs to be the monthly rate before people will get serious about it.