Ice road trucker

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
to run those roads. You see what happens to those who can't handle it, gone quick.

I'd hardly call them braindead, or lowlife.. I'd call them a special breed of human who's willing to risk their life to get the job done.

Men have lost their lives pursuing the cash..I'm sure their families would appreciate you calling them those names.

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

"The present is what slips by us while we're pondering the past and worrying about the future."

- Ziggy

michdpm

Seasoned Expediter
They seem like brain-dead low lifes??????

When was the last time you ate at the counter at Petro or the J ??

You can hear the stupidest, dumbest lies there.

Same stories I heard 30 years ago and these idiots try to pass them
off as the truth.

It takes some kind of brain-power just to keep those trucks running
in -50.

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
Love dvr......been recording that show and watching it...also keep it saved for my drivers to watch. At one time Terri and I thought hmmm...we should go run the ice roads for the diamond mines......after watching this show we say NO WAY IN HELL......16" thick ice, refreezes in seconds after a breakthru......truck breakdown and idling in same place causes ice to weaken.....I admit it...compared to those guys I am a WUSS. Hats off to them, they are the bull riders of our industry.

-charlotte

p.s and they do not sound nearly as "brain dead lowlifes" as something whose only contribution on a forum is to make a judgemental brain dead lowlife statement like that.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I like watching the show myself. It seems as though some of these drivers have some pretty crappy rigs though. I don't think i would be going down the road at -50 with a broken heater...just food for thought

ShawnF
O/O

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I watched last nights episode,can you blame the driver for quiting when the owner wouldn't get the heater working.

marvinkwagner

Not a Member
Ya herd about it havent seen it yet

The Boss talked about it.

IM all for it maybe then Id get my New Truck as I was Promised over a year ago if I won the 4 star award of which I did.

I wonder if the Ice Breaks if the insurance pays.

IM Not worried about the cold I got a good fur coat ya think

Hey that be my New Truck.

Bigger name on line two got to go.

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
The cold is horrendous....who would care if insurance paid if ice broke? If ice breaks you go thru the ice and freeze to death in the water....the hole your truck left freezes back so quickly you cannot escape. No heat = no running for me...I agree some of those rigs look more than a little rough....the first episode where they weather proofed them surprised me because I really expected they would do a lot more to them than they did.

-charlotte

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Hmmmmm....How's come Hugh's truck has heat????I'm glad I never had a boss like that. I seen the seat of the one truck the guy was driving and it looked like the spings were going to poke thru. Doesn't Canada have a D.O.T. to inspect things like that?

tom tinker

Expert Expediter
Next Sunday last episode, then watch reruns!!
Really enjoy this show, they let us see what it all takes to do this, big equipment to rescue roll overs' slid offs, etc. Frozen breaks and feet. Few years back I was driving a cab over enough heat to clear the wind shield, ice on the floor board, I thought my feet were froze,this was just one day can't imagine these guys conditions. I'm from Northern Michigan and seen a little cold, nothing like Ice Road Truckers.
Hurrier you go the be hinder you get! Tom Tinker

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I think next Sunday is going to be a marathon of all of the shows starting at 1 PM, with the final one on at 10pm est.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Ice Road Trucks is on today from 1300 to 2300 edt. The final episdoe sarts at 2200. I bet it ends up with someone falling through. Perhaps good old boy Hugh may get wet.