Big Truck I work on Hino trucks. I'll answer any questions I know the answers to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmak

Seasoned Expediter
The turbo is not pushing oil looks good didn't get the chance to spend any time on it today so we will see what happens tomorrow

Reactions: Ragman

jmak

Seasoned Expediter
Oh yeah I forgot the fitting on back of the pump I didn't notice a oring or a sealing washer on it where it screws into pump the banjo Han sealing washers but not the fitting that screwed unto pump what is suppose to be in there ?

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Oh yeah I forgot the fitting on back of the pump I didn't notice a oring or a sealing washer on it where it screws into pump the banjo Han sealing washers but not the fitting that screwed unto pump what is suppose to be in there ?
I've never taken that one out. Just the banjo bolt.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Well emptied fuel tank there is some **** in there not much though I found a chunk in one of the elbows the separator had some stuff in the bottom of it removed the hose and line blew them out seem to be free flowing
Does yours have the Davco filter housing? There is a little check valve inside the inlet adaper fitting that catches stuff too. It sounds like you're being pretty thorough.

the pipe from the egr cooler to t body I removed that and had some antifreeze in it and laying in bottom of egr cooler so I guess I'm going to be replacing that

That's very unusual. The EGR coolers on these are not known for leaking. Maybe that's what was contributing to the buildup in the intake. Impressive job cleaning that out, by the way. Very nice.

The EGR cooler's inlet tube sometimes breaks clean off, or the flange breaks off of the tube. Those things are not cheap. I usually TIG weld them back on. I've never replaced one under warranty.
Actually, I've never personally replaced a Hino EGR cooler. The only failures I've personally seen is the inlet flange or tube breaking, well past warranty, and the customer is more than happy to have it welded back together.

jmak

Seasoned Expediter
Yes it has the check ball I cleaned it it seems to be in good working order the fitting that screwed into the pump that you have not had off has a little filter screen in it that looked new

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Yes it has the check ball I cleaned it it seems to be in good working order the fitting that screwed into the pump that you have not had off has a little filter screen in it that looked new
I've stuck a borescope in there to have a look, but I've never seen debris make it that far upstream.

jmak

Seasoned Expediter
Could just light the rag and solve my problems lol isolation of water separator filter housing and tank getto fuel system

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Could just light the rag and solve my problems lol isolation of water separator filter housing and tank getto fuel system
Ive limped a few trucks back to safety like that, haha.

Can you reproduce the problem with the ghetto fuel system installed?

Im posting while working on a god-awful international 4700 that someone dumped in my yard.

Edit: it appears to have bathtub silicone sealing the oil pan.

Not sealing might be a more accurate description.

Last edited:

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
It looks like it caught on fire at least once, too.

I can actually see fuel weeping through the sides of the fuel lines.

The owner thinks it'll be ready to work by the weekend. By work, im assuming he means itll give the tow truck drivers something to do.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
More junk I'm working on.

JqsAYnF.jpg

The sun gear reaction shell broke, and there was a lube failure in the rear planet which cracked the case. It looks like I'll be building a Frankenstein.

jmak

Seasoned Expediter
Haha 4l60e good old sun she'll might as well put 13 vane pump in too I usually install a gill younger special trans go shift kit prevents that dreaded 1870 slip code

Status
Not open for further replies.