I.R.P Miles Record.

fawazbarraj

Seasoned Expediter
Hello Everyone.....

This Is My First Time To Renew My I.R.P Registration...
and They Asked Me To Report All Miles Driven Last Year In Each State.......

I drove More than 100,000 Mile Last Year All over the Us and Canada

I Was Wondering How Would I Know The Exact Miles In Every state... By The Way I am a fedex CC Owner Operator

Please Help

Thanks

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't you fill out trip reports with the mileage in each state? Those figures are used to apportion the money to each state.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
OMG Star!! Aren't you asking a little too much when you expect the copys to be kept someplace we can find them??

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Ask FedEx for a copy of your IRP mileage for the period that you are set up for. They are the one's who pay the taxes for you so they have to have that info there for you.

I think they also send you quarterly reports but when I was audited last year, FedEx's numbers were off and I had to ask for a summary report thanks to their computer messing things up.

Use the summary.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Hello Everyone.....

This Is My First Time To Renew My I.R.P Registration...
and They Asked Me To Report All Miles Driven Last Year In Each State.......

I drove More than 100,000 Mile Last Year All over the Us and Canada

I Was Wondering How Would I Know The Exact Miles In Every state... By The Way I am a fedex CC Owner Operator

Please Help

Thanks

Gregg is correct, Fed Ex can fax you that information. They used to require trip reports to be sent in with your other paperwork. They no longer do that. You can either keep track for your own records or count on theirs to be correct.

The easiest way we've found to keep track is to keep one of those small digital recorders on the dash and record the mileage each time we enter a different state. You then have that information to be copied to whatever you're using to keep your records.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We write down the odometer reading at each delivery, it becomes our "start mileage". At each state line, we again write down the odometer. At the end of each run we have start, end and each states mileage.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
yes, your carrier should provide you with a copy of your fuel tax report every quarter and most states will let you use them for your mileage when renewing your IRP. i know texas requires their own report but most dont. also, some states run a little behind and dont go from year to year exactly. for instance, when i renew i march of 2010 in illinois i will be using mileage from july 1, 08 to june 30, 09 so find out your reporting period for your renewal. most if not all are this way, correct me if i am wrong. being this is just your first year you might have to use estimated mileage from the instruction booklet for some of your mileage. also make sure you know all the rules for renewing. some states require you to pay a certain way when you are new or have other things that can make it inconvenient. dont waste a trip by being unprepared. back to the fuel tax report, i guess not all may send them but you do have a rite to it especially if you pay the fuel tax which most of us do.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
We write down the odometer reading at each delivery, it becomes our "start mileage". At each state line, we again write down the odometer. At the end of each run we have start, end and each states mileage.

Do you count all mileage including deadhead miles? Or are you just reporting loaded miles?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I learned a lesson from my audit, who pays is the one who has the info. If your company pays the taxes for you, then they have the info on what they paid.

Dreammaker

Seasoned Expediter
We also us a pad and keep up with every mile we run.

Ditto. I use a pad to enter mileage when moving from one state to another, fuel stops, pickups, and deliveries. Once you get into the habit, it's fairly easy. Then, you plug that into The Trucker's Helper. It prints out a state by state IRP report. Use the report to fill out your IRP renewal. Works every time.