I get bored easy, do you?

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I get bored easy, do you? What do you do when you get bored in the truck? I started working on something that might very well turn into a second business. I formulated, if you want to call it that, a recipe for a bar-b-q dry rub. I'm not trying to advertise here, and before anyone starts saying that I'll quit talking about it except to say it's ready for sale. You know how to contact me.
The main thing I was wondering is what others do to deal with their bordem in between loads.

DougTravels

Not a Member
I get bored easy, do you? What do you do when you get bored in the truck? I started working on something that might very well turn into a second business. I formulated, if you want to call it that, a recipe for a bar-b-q dry rub. I'm not trying to advertise here, and before anyone starts saying that I'll quit talking about it except to say it's ready for sale. You know how to contact me.
The main thing I was wondering is what others do to deal with their bordem in between loads.

Ok, I cant resist, let me apologize up front.

I will not buy anything rubbed out in a truck!

Dry rubbing in between loads, thats just wrong!

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Ok, I cant resist, let me apologize up front.

I will not buy anything rubbed out in a truck!

Dry rubbing in between loads, thats just wrong!

Nothing is actually made in the truck. The formula was just made up in the truck. I made the first batch at home. I would eat something prepared in my truck before I would in the vast majority of the kitchen in resteraunts. I worked in resteraunts in high school and saw some nasty things. I also go to church with a guy that is a Health Inspector and he told me of some of the nastiest things he has seen and had to pass the place because they still passed based on the code. This is more about what you do to deal with bordem and less about dry rub. If not this thread will most likely get locked down on basis of advertisment.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As a public service......Please, if you are doing a rub in the truck, dry or otherwise, close your curtains....especially you Doug! Thank you.

Don't worry ark, it's gonna get locked for a whole different reason.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
As a public service......Please, if you are doing a rub in the truck, dry or otherwise, close your curtains....especially you Doug! Thank you.

I guess I shoulda just said I made up a combination of spices that's good on meats. I shoulda known all these people with their minds in the gutter would de rail a good thread.

DougTravels

Not a Member
If this thread gets locked down it will not be because of advertisement, in my opinion.

Selling your Dry Rub Product in no way is a competition to any advertisers here. Most of the carriers understand that expediters out here for weeks or months at a time have a genuine need for Dry Rub, whether they use that rub in a truck stop or wait until they get home to a loved one. I believe it a great and noble thing, I hope to have some waiting for me when I return home.

Maybe it "rubs" some the wrong way but I see no problem. Unless some carrier gets in to the "Dry Rub" business then it may become a problem. Until the day a carrier starts providing us with "dry rubs" either as part of our contract or free I think you will be ok.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No one is really safe when you are logged on Doug are they.

Sorry ark, I saw where this one was headed and I am waaaaaay to bored not to comment. Guess that answers the original question you asked.

DougTravels

Not a Member

Yeah piper Get your mind out of the gutter geeesh!! This is a legitimate thread about a driver pondering his "dry rub" while bored in a Truck. If He can find a way to make a little money on the "side" why do you have to go and make jokes about it?

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
ok,

I'll show lack of humor, complete dufasness (if that's a word) & actually answer what he meant in his original post. I can not top the replies already given.

The last time around I basically sat there & was bored. Occasionally I'd do something in the town I was in. Occasionally stopping in & seeing a friend if I was in Dayton, Charleston, WV.. a few other places. But mostly just being bored. That tended to make me a homing pigeon. I wouldn't wanna sit for to long. Basically get some sleep. Wait a few hours & if no runs head back home.

When I did this before, even back in 2005-6 whatever it was, computers weren't as versataille. Wi Fi's were just starting up. I guess tv's were in trucks, but I was too much of a moron to realize it. I just thought they had beds back there in those sleepers.

Anyway, this time around what I intend to do is play poker. That's pretty much what I do when sitting at home anyway. I like online poker a lot of times more than I do offline. The reason is you get so many more hands per hour, less rake, ya don't have to tip the dealer, ya can play more than one game at a time, & so on. It's not quite as social I guess, but overall I usually like it more.

I don't have a laptop yet. That's coming though. I'll still want a few other luxeries, but that'll take care of a lot of my boredom issues.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Equal parts Salt, Pepper, Granulated Garlic and Paprika.
Don't mess with perfection.

When I get bored I try to imagine Lawrence in a thong bikini. Any thoughts of dry rubs just shoot right out of my head. See? Told ya.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Due to the graffic nature of this thread and the vast array of sexual inuendos, coupled with the "pre-medicated" solicitation of a culinary product that has not been endorsed by the king of late nite infomercials; none other than "Billy Mays himself," this thread has run it's course.

THREAD LOCKED!

Oh hell, I ain't no moderator. Who the heck am I fooling? Carry on!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
When you read my previous response, you have to read it in Larry the cable guys voice in order to get the proper context of my humor.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
The last thing on my mind is a dry rub..except for food, of course. I do stay on the internet a lot.. made me a facebook account and talk to my family and friends. Read a book. Watch tv. those are the things I do mostly to keep from being bored while in the truck..

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
You got it Turtle, although i like to use Lemon pepper instead of just black pepper, but its quick, easy and tasty!

As to bein bored, if its a fri night or sat..i try to seek out high school sports, baseball, football for sure and even hockey....

or i read many many websites, then i cut and paste to many many different boards!!! :p

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you are bored and looking for a real answer get some books. Find a genre you like and authors writing in it and you can pass hours of time in what seems like minutes. There is no such thing as boredom when you have good books at hand. As to bbq, go to Mark's Feed Store in southwest Louisville, KY on 31W just north of 841. After that all other bbq is just something to throw insults at.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Leo is right, i have mark levins last book in the truck as well as glen becks newest book......both good reads.....:D