I am Back..Almost

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
Well the tour is coming to a close..maybe have 2 more months left till i am home from this deployment...128 deg out today with 15 mph winds.Its about the same as sitting in your oven...It sure makes home sound good...probably will go back to panther..as they have to give me my old rate back..(i imagine that will be a battle)...because they just wont get it..heck i might even draw unemployment until after deer season..It would be the firast time i have ever drawn it...just trying to get the scoop on how people are running with vans right now...i no i could search the site, but when u have internet thats 2 times slower then dial up it would take weeks plus i would get booted every 15 minutes....any input would be appreciated...

Drive Safe

Brian LaVictor

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hope you get out of there soon. My nephew's wife just came back a few weeks ago.

Be off for deer season? Oh the joy that would bring. You need a few weeks to "detox" after coming back. What better way?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hope you get out of there soon. My nephew's wife just came back a few weeks ago.

Be off for deer season? Oh the joy that would bring. You need a few weeks to "detox" after coming back. What better way?

Deer hunting after his tour? Too much like more of the same.

A good old fashioned Hunker would be better. ;):p

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Deer hunting after his tour? Too much like more of the same.

A good old fashioned Hunker would be better. ;):p

Deer hunting is "chicken soup" for the soul. So is duck hunting, any other kinds of hunting and all kinds of fishing.

You know, when the troops came home from WWII they had it far better than our troops have had since maybe Korea.

Those guys often had a lengthy boat ride to get back to the "world". They were among those who had been through what they had. They could talk things out prior to resuming normal life so to speak.

Since Vietnam they are in combat on Monday and at the house fighting with the wife by Wed. Not good.

The military should continue their pay for a month or two after returning and maybe even provide some kind of "detox" camp.

That camp would be were the "Hunker" could take place.

I would LOVE to run a camp like that.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Good to see your post Brian, you cross my mind (or whats left of it) from time to time!! As Layout said, you need to detox and what better way then to do soethign you enjoy..Go deer hunting!!

As for Van freight, as with most anything here, you are going to get different stories...It all depends on the carrier...some are doing well, some are not...From what I ave heard the panther vans are still dealing with the large number of units, but for the most part those that know how to work the system are moving freight...

So, again, Good to see your post!!

Monty

Expert Expediter
I was proud to serve my country during the Vietnam era, though I never got there!

In todays theater, I would not voluenteer, or survive. 128 degrees! Sounds like going to Laredo!

Heat and humidity are my biggest foe .... I can not tolerate it!

My greatest admiration for those that serve, and do it in desert!

Hurry home dude .... we'll leave the light on for ya!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
...probably will go back to panther..as they have to give me my old rate back..(i imagine that will be a battle)...because they just wont get it..

You may want to volunteer for another tour rather than do battle with Panther over your old rate. The good news is Panther is paying all deadhead miles to the shipper. The current rate for vans is .24/mile. The not so good news is it appears they are funding it with f.s.c. monies.

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
Sounds like not much has changed out there....was hoping for the good news, like there is so much freight, that its hard to get a break....

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's good to hear from you and will be good having you back. Stay safe until then.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Well start packing your bags Honda. Thank you for your service!

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App