How's your weather?

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
We have 8" to 10" on the ground right now in northeast Ohio,and they are expecting another 8" to 12" today

We are at home and not having to deal with it,but yesterday was a different story.Had a short run from from Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio to Jamestown,N.Y..With the deadhead this was just under 400 miles round trip,and took about 12+hrs.

Reactions: 1 person

Robsdad

Seasoned Expediter
Western Kentucky has 10 to 12. Don't have to tell you we are not equipped for this. Look for it to be days before thing get back to normal here.
Oh well, it is a once every 10 to 15 year thing here so let her come. Thats easy to say when you are at home.
good luck guys,
stay safe

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Braced ourselves in FT Wayne and missed us completely (so far)
20 degrees out :mad:
Sick of this crap and gonna take the 1st Miami that pops:cool:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
KDOT doesn't expect it to snow in Kentucky?

Not in Western Kentucky, no. I mean, snow isn't rare here, but it doesn't hang around very long. Where I live we have an annual average snowfall of 8 inches. We also have normal high temperatures for Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb of 58, 48, 44 and 50 degrees respectively. Normal lows for the same periods are 39, 31, 27 and 31.

We'll get an inch or so of snow one day, and it's all gone the next. It's rare to have snow on the ground for more than a day or two. Times like now, when every 10 years or so we get really dumped on with 8 or 12 inches, we're simply not equipped to handle it.

Robsdad

Seasoned Expediter
KDOT sure missed it here. Just south of Owenboro, Ky on highway 431 we have 10". KW you lucky dog we are covered up here. You watch it will be 60 here next week good ol Ky weather.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
21 Inches here in Downtown Chardon and still coming down, and they have closed everything in town.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
just had a pizza delivered,what usually takes half hour took 2 and 1/2 hours,more snow than i have seen in a longlong time,and we arent in the snow belt,just close to it

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
21 Inches here in Downtown Chardon and still coming down, and they have closed everything in town.

fastman you possibly dodged a bullet,being that you are in the heart of the snow belt.If lake erie wasn't frozen over for the most part,you could have been alot worse off.DD.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I'm just South of Columbus, and we've got about 11 inches out back. The worst part is the drifts. Our vehicles acted as windbreaks and are almost completely covered. Also, the snow plows have built a wall across the end of our driveway that will take a while to dig thru. Probably at least 3 ft or more high.

Dale

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
Just think DD we all most got to visit with you guys, had we not gotten that run to southeastern Ar., sure glad the wife routed us down to Nashville then over to Memphis then up I-55 to the receiver...kind of a duck & run deal trying to miss all that snow and it only added 48 miles to the trip.

And to our fellow kentuckians! when we moved to SW Kentucky everyone told us 10 inchs a year tops and so-far we've been dumped on in excess of 10-16 inchs at a time in the past two 2-3 years and KDOT (bless their hearts) have the wait and see what we get attitude which really stinks!

Anyway we deadheaded back to Nashville just in the nick of time where we hooked up to Idle-Aire and are now just sitting here watching on TV how bad it got!

OH ! DD did you ever get your driveway packed down good enough to get that 4X4 truck of yours out of the drive?

Take Care!

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
KDOT sure missed it here. Just south of Owenboro, Ky on highway 431 we have 10". KW you lucky dog we are covered up here. You watch it will be 60 here next week good ol Ky weather.

Well , I'm in Owensboro and watched the KY religious snow clearing on my street . "God put it there . Let him clean it up ." Surprisingly , that worked . The street is almost bare . Never saw a city truck . But that's better than they did during the big storm in '04 . They only made 1 pass with a plow down the middle of the street . You had the drive over the ridge made by the plow to park at the curb and you drove down the middle of the road until you met someone coming the opposite way , then you had to decide who would have to pull over to let the other pass . Luckily it got warmer and rained a couple of days after that storm .

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Sittin down here at the J in San Antonio, Fl not far from Tampa and getting ready to head back up to Inverness, Fl. It's currently 10:45 pm and don't forget to set ya'lls clocks an hour ahead tonight:) first sign of spring oh yeah, almost forgot to let ya'll know that tomorrow's high is 67F but today was a bit chilly and a bit windy but not snowing which is cool with me! well, have fun ya'll. Oh yeah, turtle I'm going to get a pic from Inverness for ya and post it on here you might find it cool.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Got 14 inches here in Moraine (South Dayton).

Shoveled the driveway three times last night and three times today!

I live about 1000 feet off I-75 at Exit 50. We listened to the scanner and CB. What a mess! Accident reports still coming in at 11:00PM and it stopped snowing at about 4:00PM. Secondary streets have been hardly touched. I have turned down numerous load offers in the past 48 hours. Although I might have been able to jump on the highway and get going, but getting off the interstate to the shipper's location may have been impossible.

I-75; I-70; I-275; US 35 have all been shut down at various times since it started.

Hopefully, this will be the last one!