how shopping for van stuff ends in detainment>?

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Assuming the facts as presented, if no stolen goods were found in the van, no citation for shoplifting should hve been issued. This seems so basic to me, I can hardly credit the story.

If the story is true, it is another example of how our country has degenerated, even cops no longer have any sense. If you choose to fight this, which you should, it is going to cost the state thousands, but 12 jururs a wasted day, and your lawyer is going to ask the cops "were any stolen goods recovered from the vehicle". When they say "no" the jury is going to be ****ed for having there time wasted and aquit.

If this had happened to me I would go talk to the chief of police also in friendly kind of way about what a waste of time and money this "poor" judgement by his officers caused.

Anyway so goes th country, freedom has given way to the tyranny of the small minded. I used to think that cops were the only government employees that were worth a ****, but this story and personal experience of my own has changed my mind to think, cops are just typical government employees just with guns.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Assuming the facts as presented, if no stolen goods were found in the van, no citation for shoplifting should hve been issued. This seems so basic to me, I can hardly credit the story.

If the story is true, it is another example of how our country has degenerated, even cops no longer have any sense. If you choose to fight this, which you should, it is going to cost the state thousands, but 12 jururs a wasted day, and your lawyer is going to ask the cops "were any stolen goods recovered from the vehicle". When they say "no" the jury is going to be ****ed for having there time wasted and aquit.

If this had happened to me I would go talk to the chief of police also in friendly kind of way about what a waste of time and money this "poor" judgement by his officers caused.

Anyway so goes th country, freedom has given way to the tyranny of the small minded. I used to think that cops were the only government employees that were worth a ****, but this story and personal experience of my own has changed my mind to think, cops are just typical government employees just with guns.

Your right i didnt believe it either when i woke up the next morning then the yellow sheet of paper met my eyes. It is just redic
Sent from my DROID BIONIC

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Your right i didnt believe it either when i woke up the next morning then the yellow sheet of paper met my eyes. It is just redic

Ever since 911 , America has stayed in the panic mode.
The cops are hyper, store clerks are wired, city officials pass a law on every subject, I forgot Congress and their on going stupidity. We vote out one set of nitwits and reelect another set of nitwits. ( what does that say about the voters ,hmm:eek:) Common sense is in short supply and the central theme is to prosecute everyone for any infraction and the lawyers get the big bucks, ah, greed and corruption abounds. Nothing like positive thoughts, I'm in a mood.:D

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Freedom?

Rights?

9/11?

Seriously?

The problem is that the OP had no common sense when he acted as if he was going to steal something and has to deal with the retailer who decides to make a case out of it. The cops follow the lead of the retailer, not their own. The retailer decides if it is not a big deal but I'm surprised that the OP went back there to shop - kind of another ...

Still can't figure out what a MX license has to do with anything.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Freedom?

Rights?

9/11?

Seriously?

The problem is that the OP had no common sense when he acted as if he was going to steal something and has to deal with the retailer who decides to make a case out of it. The cops follow the lead of the retailer, not their own. The retailer decides if it is not a big deal but I'm surprised that the OP went back there to shop - kind of another ...

Rebel without a cause?

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wondering, does anyone know what an Professional MX license is?

It's a license issued by the American Motorcyclist Association. They sanction professional motorcycle racing. The rider documents his/her experience in amateur racing, showing that they've reached the skill level needed to compete professionally. That documentation is signed by AMA representatives that sanction local district races.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OK now that everyone knows, what does this have to do with the cops and the situation that the op is in?

I'm thinking that he has had an issue before and is on their radar to begin with.

Other than that - it is meaningless.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm still wondering how one could be accused of theft without any attempt to conceal the item [he said it was clearly visible above the waistband], and no attempt to exit without paying for it. Common sense says those two conditions should apply before any accusation is made, so the whole thing is just wrong, IMO.
Def time to get lawyered up, and shop elsewhere.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Might fire up officer if he whips it out when he gets pulled over in the van .

This thread has definitely gone down hill... from a young guy who stuffs a MACHETE in his pants now to a van driver "whipping it out" in front of a police officer. I would suggest AVOIDING either of these two scenarios :D

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Freedom?

Rights?

9/11?

Seriously?

Common sense? I did not act as if i was goin to steal anything because to any one who saw me really wouldnt of thought i was goin to take it considering it was visible and i was shopping with
It clearly visible its not like i stuck it in my pants and started making my way to the door. And the loss prevention sorry excuse for a job kid.m used discrimination and racial profiling when he said i looked like the runner type so he didnt go with the regular actions of waiting for one to cross the point of purchase and he got tired of me continuing to SHOP. So he went ahead to be the goon he was and called the cops and the mx. License ive already explained this. Being from a small town and acheving. That level the honorable police here have somesort of getoff with messing with a kid who has done something with his life instead of doing there job and mess with the people who are up to nogood

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Whip it out? This doesn't work. Don't ask me how I know. It just doesn't.

And no i never have flashd the pro id getting pulled over but i have it clipped on my left air vent so iknow were its at and dont lose it and manytimes has gotten me a free pass so to say.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Ever since 911 , America has stayed in the panic mode.
The cops are hyper, store clerks are wired, city officials pass a law on every subject, I forgot Congress and their on going stupidity. We vote out one set of nitwits and reelect another set of nitwits. ( what does that say about the voters ,hmm:eek:) Common sense is in short supply and the central theme is to prosecute everyone for any infraction and the lawyers get the big bucks, ah, greed and corruption abounds. Nothing like positive thoughts, I'm in a mood.:D

Its true the reason for the redflag attack of 911 is to do these such things. Take ourfeedom away and start towards marshall law so they can control every aspect of our lives

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter

You hit the nail on the head... only one time my whole life a unpaid good left a store was i was at a sub shop and ate a cookie in line cuz were taking for ever cuz i was hungry and after i paid and done eating left and when i got to the car remembered i didint pay for the cookie and went back and paid all 1.25
Of it :) majority of cops swear blurted the oath to be allowed to wear the badge the other 2 percent actually took the oath and swore befor the board with nothing but truth and honer.