how many trucks down in TX

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Quite a few on the Alliance board. We delivered yesterday in Laredo, but loaded out the same day for Chicago.

Monty

Expert Expediter
I was stuck there all last week, started dh'ing home, got a load from Ft Smith, Ar to California. Spent two days there, loaded for El Paso .... delivered this morning .... spoke to a few of the vans there, all had been there since Monday, some since last week.

I am now eastbound. Empty.

Texas just does not seem to be the place to visit if ya wanna load back!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Diane and I delivered a load (two skids) in Laredo last Wednesday morning and got a load (three skids) out that afternoon. That load was dispatched to us on the way down. It took us from Laredo took us to Fort Worth and delivered Thursday morning.

Soon after that delivery, an agent called with a load (one skid) that picked up Friday morning in Arkansas. The money was good enough to justify the deadhead so we left Texas Thursday afternoon to do the Friday morning pick up. That load went to California.

We are in a team-driven straight truck, 16' box, reefer, lift gate, 10,000 lbs. payload.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I am in a van and delivered 6am Tuesday in San Antonio and had a load out that afternoon. I didn't see nearly as many people parked as I did last time.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Teams don't seem to do too bad in TX, even in a van. We've been refused vans loads out, simply because the customer specifically requested a team, even though there was plenty of time for a solo van to do it and it wasn't a sensitive load that required someone in the vehicle at all times.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Teams don't seem to do too bad in TX, even in a van. We've been refused vans loads out, simply because the customer specifically requested a team, even though there was plenty of time for a solo van to do it and it wasn't a sensitive load that required someone in the vehicle at all times.

Thats because some solo drivers can't be trusted to run long loads and the bigger boys have been burned too many times by a solo guy talking about driving 2k miles in 2 days. I lnow how ridiculous it is requiring a team in a cargo van. It's as if they want to make it look like there are people lined up around the block to team up in a sardine can. Also, some of the other more non-reputable companies probably lie about there being a team in the truck just to snag that load up! It's all carrier games and broker politics.

rodeehos

Seasoned Expediter
it has gotten better. as of monday morning, we had 2 trucks in laredo, 1 in brownsville, 1 in austin, and 4 in dallas, but as of this morning we had all of them booked and on the road out of texas. some weeks are better than others. rates still aren't the best, that's everywhere.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I got a bid in right now on a load going from CA to Laredo. My bid has been sitting there for 12 hours now. I'm not sure if i'll get the load, but if I do i'll circle the front lot at the hook and wave to everyone who has been stuck down there all week!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
anyone who's been in the biz for awhile knows..TX is like...expect the worst and hope for the best....anyone who banks on getting out same day or quickly is in for a big disappointment......sometimes ya might win the lottery and ya get out quickly..that is when you say....God Bless Texas....:)

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
anyone who's been in the biz for awhile knows..TX is like...expect the worst and hope for the best....anyone who banks on getting out same day or quickly is in for a big disappointment......sometimes ya might win the lottery and ya get out quickly..that is when you say....God Bless Texas....:)

Maybe to pass the time in Laredo, one can go into town and watch A&E film episodes of their new reality show, "Bordertown:Laredo"

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Oh, I'll get out of Texas only minutes after I drop a load. I might not be getting paid to move, but I'll sure has heck get right back out of there.

What's the best part about delivering a load in the middle of texas? No matter which direction you go you're almost half way out of the state.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Maybe to pass the time in Laredo, one can go into town and watch A&E film episodes of their new reality show, "Bordertown:Laredo"

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

You can do a lot on the border. Get shot up, beat up. mugged, run into ex-girlfriends. I love Laredo!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh, I'll get out of Texas only minutes after I drop a load. I might not be getting paid to move, but I'll sure has heck get right back out of there.

What's the best part about delivering a load in the middle of texas? No matter which direction you go you're almost half way out of the state.

as long as you get a good rate going in.....some members here can't afford to do that and are literally stuck...

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
as long as you get a good rate going in.....some members here can't afford to do that and are literally stuck...

I even did that when I worked for an owner at Panther. He would pay me half of the deadhead and i'd end up getting loaded along the ride back out. I just don't like hanging around in a parking lot full of wild drivers. Every time a van pulls out of the parking lot you can cut the tension with a knife. People get all pizzed off when they see a van roar out of the parking lot and head south on I-35 lol!

60MPH

Expert Expediter
Texas...where is this place you speak of?? I have heard many stories about the cut throat rates, I myself stay out of there until the snow starts flying. Good vacation spot in the winter as I really don't look for much work from Jan. to April anymore. Ah, the good life:D

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Texas...where is this place you speak of?? I have heard many stories about the cut throat rates, I myself stay out of there until the snow starts flying. Good vacation spot in the winter as I really don't look for much work from Jan. to April anymore. Ah, the good life:D

I think you have it too easy at the top. You are a snowbird CEO. Hey, i'll call ya in a bit, it's been real busy here dealing with the recruiting calls and stuff!

60MPH

Expert Expediter
10-4 raining here, and I am not motivated to move. Call me before 22:00 that be my bed time:D